Wanted Wanted: EBRAKE...PULL UP STYLE

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Well,

Are you saying that you have THE parking brake cable that works with that lever configuration and the one piece transfer case? There is a different parking brake cable used for that lever set up. The special parking brake cable for this handle set up was used from 01/79 to 07/80. After that, the handle was retained, but a different cable assembly was used since the parking brake was removed from the rear of the transfer case and came on the rear axle brake system.

Also, aren’t you running an automatic and a small block?

You may find that a stock parking brake cable for this system is too short, and end up requiring a custom cable to be made. On a truck that I am building with a small block and an auto, that is exactly what I had to do, and California Push-Pull made me a very nice cable assembly.

I have that Park Brake style handle, and the cable that goes to rear axle, but if your park brake is on the back of the transfer case this cable will be way to long...and you will need a custom cable made up

this handle and cable are out of a 1983 BJ 60...

if your interested

Best Regards

Gord

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I have the handle AND cable assemblyfor sale that is currently in the 1980 that I am parting out right now.

AND it is attached to the back of a v-8, TH350 combo, so I am thinking the cable would be the right one.;)

I MIGHT have someone at the shop helping me pull this stuff out of the truck tomorrow. Will know more then fo sho.

Last edited:
Website
www.elirubelphotography.com
I have the handle AND cable assemblyfor sale that is currently in the 1980 that I am parting out right now.

AND it is attached to the back of a v-8, TH350 combo, so I am thinking the cable would be the right one.;)

I MIGHT have someone at the shop helping me pull this stuff out of the truck tomorrow. Will know more then fo sho.

Sent you a PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom