Vulnerable 1997 part on the trail: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, that thing does hang low. Since I have the ARB I went ahead and bought Slee's plate. I felt weird about drilling holes in my new ARB bumper, but I felt fine after doing it. The plate fits well.

That was great advice by Dan and Junk. For now, we moved it up 1/2 inch. We've decided to address this later. Lower priority. We will address it though we'll wait until the bumpers are complete. Here's the 1/2"

Last edited:
ShottsUZJ100 said:
...Here's my 1/2"

uhh...thanks, but no thanks...

I really have no need to get a gander at your half-inch...

:D

:))))))))))))))))))))))))LMAO.
Cheers,
Sean

That is actually an IFS damage prevention device. It prepares you for that eventual purchase of a 100 series and trains you to stay on the safe trails. It's a consumable part on the 80 series that protects the expensive parts on the 100 series when you start to drive those.

White Shark said:
That is actually an IFS damage prevention device. It prepares you for that eventual purchase of a 100 series and trains you to stay on the safe trails. It's a consumable part on the 80 series that protects the expensive parts on the 100 series when you start to drive those.

new dryer on the 100: $270...
but they hid it some place, I think, not sure where... so they must have gotten smarter...

e9999 said:
new dryer on the 100: $270...
but they hid it some place, I think, not sure where... so they must have gotten smarter...

They must have, the aftermarket one we put on Rob's truck was $8.

John, your `93 doesn't have it because it's for the R134 trucks, not the older R12 Freon cave-dweller stuff. 80's changed to R134 somewhere in the middle of the `94 model year. RTFM, err, I mean, read Christo's 80 Series FAQ...

We let it be for now. The bumper turned out great! We just painted the dryer black.

Shark: You were right on the money.....the next phase on the Lexus is the IFS conversion. Gotta improve the ride! :D

Last edited:
eh, where is the winch slot? :)

tucker74 said:
That thing is looking great Shotts - only problem is it's almost as perdy as the 100 :D What lift did you end up going with? Looks bigger than my HD OME w/ spacers -

:cheers:

Tucker

Thanks! Glad you ask...I could use some advice.....here goes:

The added lift is because the thing is and will remain unloaded. I have:

J-springs 850/863
L-shocks
Caster plates
Blah blah

When done it vibrated some, especially at 55+. We slapped in a CV front driveshaft yesterday and the vibration is down about 80%. Now, the vibration that's left you feel when in top gear acc of dec mildly. If it downshifts the motor drowns the remaining vibration until you down shift. If you maintain speed it's smooth.

Ideas on this? I think:
1. We haven't added the panhard adjusts yet...WILL THIS HELP OR CUT VIBRATION?
2. We might need to add the upper rear control arm adjusts?
3. We might even have to add a rear CV shaft?

The only weight will be the small bumpers (the rear is even smaller) and sliders. The spare is in the back in a custom made box. (Pic)

Plans are to add trim packs to the 5-inch mark F&R when all is done then get an alignment.

IDEAS ON THE VIBRATION?

Last edited:
e9999 said:
eh, where is the winch slot? :)

We'll strap if needed. The Lexus was built with the same focus as my '93. Exreme app and dep angles. Adding winch will ruin the plan. :)

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Ideas on this? I think:
1. We haven't added the panhard adjusts yet...WILL THIS HELP OR CUT VIBRATION?
2. We might need to add the upper rear control arm adjusts?
3. We might even have to add a rear CV shaft?

IDEAS ON THE VIBRATION?

Number two is the place to start, on mine the pinion is pointed slightly up causing the same vibration. With the adjustable uppers the pinion can be lowered allowing the stock shaft to be happy.

Something about that truck doesn't scream trail rig? Maybe a camo job would help? The black background is good, maybe a tastefully done mosaic of pink panties stickers, like a newage urban camo? Maybe someone can photo chop to give a preview? :D :princess:

Tools R Us said:
Number two is the place to start, on mine the pinion is pointed slightly up causing the same vibration. With the adjustable uppers the pinion can be lowered allowing the stock shaft to be happy.

pink panties stickers

You know me well. :D

I'll order the rear cont arm adjusts today. :)

Slee will not have upper arm adjusts or upper arms for about a month! :mad:

Is there any other source for these parts (or adjustable arms)?

Tools R Us said:
Have your buddy cut the lowers and sleave them slightly longer?

Sleave them slightly longer? Longer lowers would increase the shaft to pinion angle? Sleave meaning?

So you basically have installed Slee's 4" kit substituting the coils with OEM heavies - for a 25% less stiffer ride - yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom