Video Recording on iPhone/GoPro/Yi 4k/Others (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure this is the right forum but it seemed closest.

I'm interested in the setup others have for video recording while offroading. Am signed up for HIH7 and want to do some video and so far I'm thinking about my iphone on a dash mount, GoPro 5 dash, or Yi 4k system on dash. The GoPro and Yi seem like overkill for slow going offroading. Any comments or thoughts on what people like about their set-up or what they wished they know before getting their system? Also is dash mount best angle or near the rear view mirror or place outside?

I've read/viewed reviews on GoPro and Yi - any others to consider.

The iPhone isn't a good action camera. Any model. The angle of view isn't wide enough so vibration is pretty bad. Also all iPhones are too big. The GoPro camera is THE action camera to use if you want to end up with something that's not a jittery mess.

The iPhone isn't a good action camera. Any model. The angle of view isn't wide enough so vibration is pretty bad. Also all iPhones are too big. The GoPro camera is THE action camera to use if you want to end up with something that's not a jittery mess.

Does it matter which version GoPro to get if I'm only going to use for offroading? Which mount is best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom