Victorinox Swiss Army Knifes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gold Boy

🇨🇦 🇺🇸
SILVER Star
Threads
so i was lookin for a new pocket knife / multi tool. held a leatherman and held a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife after... thoe i liked the leatherman the SAK felt more right.

so this is what i got. takes me back to the days when i was a kid.

so what SAK do you have?

:beer:

vm_54731_sol_a02.jpg

Our President (of the JSC) Who by the way I think would do a better job in governing our country than our nations president....oh sorry I got a bit side tracked there for a moment. Now as I was, the JSC's president just got that same knife/tool but in blue... and Loves it. All around good buy it appeers slim so easy to carry and has all the bits that one might need...

Their customer service is great. I broke the saw on my original SAK when I was ~10 years old. We (my parents) sent it in to get repaired and they sent us back a brand new one to replace it (this one has at least twice the number of tools). Apparently it's more of a PITA to fix a tool than it is to just replace it (they sent back the original in the box too, just so we could hang onto it).

I've still got that thing too...~18 years later.

what i found interesting, was that the overall quality of these sak s is the same or better than i remembered from when i was a kid.
another thing that got me was that sak s are awesome value for money, they seemed to of come down in price, "reflectively" looking back to when i was much younger.

Swiss Army knives are great.
I'm into hiking, backpacking, hunting, survival/primitive living skills, etc and always carry one.

Survive008.jpg

Survive017.jpg

CanoeTripCabinSurvival048.jpg

I have a bunch of them, here are a few (bottom left corner).

Knives001.jpg

Our President (of the JSC) Who by the way I think would do a better job in governing our country than our nations president....oh sorry I got a bit side tracked there for a moment. Now as I was, the JSC's president just got that same knife/tool but in blue... and Loves it. All around good buy it appeers slim so easy to carry and has all the bits that one might need...

great gift!

gets my vote. :D

Their customer service is great. I broke the saw on my original SAK when I was ~10 years old. We (my parents) sent it in to get repaired and they sent us back a brand new one to replace it (this one has at least twice the number of tools). Apparently it's more of a PITA to fix a tool than it is to just replace it (they sent back the original in the box too, just so we could hang onto it).

I've still got that thing too...~18 years later.

:cheers: I love the pocket saw!!! :D Indispensable!!!

lifetime warranty is of much value, was not aware that sak had such a good one.

Swiss Army knives are great.
I'm into hiking, backpacking, hunting, survival/primitive living skills, etc and always carry one.

Survive008.jpg

Survive017.jpg

CanoeTripCabinSurvival048.jpg

I have a bunch of them, here are a few (bottom left corner).

Knives001.jpg

awesome pics thanks for sharing.

very cool bush craft, Ray Meres ;)
:beer:

Last edited:
hmmmm.... what is all the big fuss about regarding swiss army bits and pieces? as far as anyone remembers swiss did not fight in a real war as yet! their army stuff is not worth 2c.

hmmmm.... what is all the big fuss about regarding swiss army bits and pieces? as far as anyone remembers swiss did not fight in a real war as yet! their army stuff is not worth 2c.

:rolleyes:

Their standard issue military rifles are some of the most highly regarded and durable in the world.
Their military is one of the best trained and equipped as well. Just because you don't fight, doesn't mean you can't. And some countries have been fighting forever and they still suck. You wan't an Afghani Army Knife instead?

I beg to differ,
Any and all Swiss military issue equipment I have ever used, or evaluated, was by far as good or better than other comparable gov. issue items of any country. They think out the design and purpose of their gear for the harshest enviroment and expected use.
Check out some old surplus military stores. Usually they will have a bunch of Swiss stuff.
Compare......................................

I've carried a Swiss Champ for about 13 years now, and a smaller model for about 10 years before that. I feel naked without it......

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom