Viair 450C Compressor (1 Viewer)

Anyone running one these compressors? I am getting ready to design my air system for running my ARBs, and fill the 2 gallon tank for airtools/tire inflations. I am having a very hard time finding a bracket to fit my SB350 for the York compressor. (Unfortunately, Kilby does NOT make a bracket for V style belts, only serpentine).

Someone recommended the 450C Viair 12v/23amp continuos duty air compressor. Wanted to get some feedback on people who have used these and what there results were.

Thanks- Fman

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator

You have to be kidding me..

Yorks came stock on some Chevies...

build a bracket or something... search around on chevy forums, like coloradok5 or something...

Yorks are SO many times better than ANY electric compressor.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator

CruisinGA said:
build a bracket or something... search around on chevy forums, like coloradok5 or something...

Yorks are SO many times better than ANY electric compressor.
The Viar is a york with a winch motor attatched...

Mace said:
The Viar is a york with a winch motor attatched...
I think you're getting it confused with the $800 Oasis 12/24v air compressor...

Even it it was the Oasis, it would still have a HUGE amp draw that a belt-driven does not have...

This is a viair 450C-

Last edited:
I run the viair, tho the 500 series and 2 gallon tank. Works fine for me. Sure, could fill the tires faster and whatnot. I don't have air tools or the lockers to run with it. I believe you need to add a regulator to run to the lockers if I remember correctly. Any way, I like my set up for what I use it for.

Mace said:
You have to be kidding me..

Yorks came stock on some Chevies...
Locating the compressor is not the problem, its finding a bracket that is the issue. Fabbing a bracket that does not eat belts and is aligned properly is a little out of my scope of comfort.

If anyone has an extra bracket lying around for SB350 I will glady take it off your hands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom