Events/Trails Vet Convoy - March 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holler if you need help getting the compressor up and running, be glad to help.
Appreciate it. Thank you!

They be doing the Squeeze i you up to it

I've heard on the forums here that a deflared 80 can make it, but I wouldn't try it. My 3rd gen 4runner fit just barely. Not sure what it is like now though. I have pictures of my friend in his deflared 80 with major body damage on both sides after going through. (This was close to 20 years ago). The main attraction is Heart Attack Hill... I was out there 2 weekends ago and only saw 3 Jeeps on the entire trail. Meanwhile there were probably 150 fancy Tacomas, 4Runners and Wranglers cruising around in Sandstone canyon/lower FIsh Creek! haha.

They be doing the Squeeze i you up to it

What is the squeeze? Does not sound like a 100 would fit.

I haven't officially signed up yet. @RET2 you seem to know more about this then I do. Is the "easy" trail the same as last year? Diablo Drop off?

Probably not...us Toyotas have a bigger stance than the Jeep.

@flyingmonkey has taken his 80 through the squeeze a couple of times. I’ve also seen pictures of flared 80’s going through, but they typically end up with some scratches on a flare or three.

I quick internet search and voilà.

Best keep pictures of your significant others well hidden from the network ninjas ;).

I've done the squeeze multiple times. Yeah, it's tight but it's completely doable for a moderately modified 80. So far I've come through without a scratch. However, I have seen some 80's take some damage. Nothing "major" depending on your idea of major. Major damage to me is grenading your diff. Scratches and dents....meh.

Have a good spotter.

Last edited:
Which is quite easy... that's why they call it Heart Attack hill....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom