Vehicle weight and mpg numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I have noticed! I kinda knew going into it but did it anyway. It loves to float around a bit on the highway and get stuck in ruts in the road. I wish I could tighten the steering some.

SHarr5184 said:
I seem to be getting the worst mpg on here! I have a 97 Cruiser (LX450) and got about 10 mpg last tank, all downtown city driving. I don't even have a lift and am running A/T (285/60 R18). On the highway, I get no better than 13 mpg, usually less than 250 miles. I guess I either need a tune up or need to keep my foot off the gas! Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
Have you calculated the difference for larger tires?? That certainly seems a bit low for a 97. I get roughly 14.5 50/50 city hwy mix on my 94. 2.5" OME 285/75 Cooper ATR with around 150# of tools/gear in the back. I would be worried about some potential issue if that is in fact the true mileage. Check this website
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm Keep us posted.

Chris

94 FZ80 2.5 135K OME 285/75 CDL Pin7 mod

I haven't calculated anything for the extra weight from the wheels, but the overall wheel and tire size is close to stock. I do run about 80mph on the highway which increases my fuel consumption a fair amount. I have always kept the car well maintained, is there anything I should into that could be a potential problem? I am replacing the started within the next two weeks (the contacts are starting to freeze up) and am going to replace the fuel filter then too, hopefully it will help a little bit. On that website, it said 13 city and 15 highway, so there is room for imporvement for sure.

Does anyone else have larger wheels and experience the same problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom