VDJ 78 Meter Assy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2019 VDJ 78 that does not have a tachometer.

I‘m trying to determine which model of the meter assy that I need to order. This is a screen shot of a VDJ 78. In the lower right-hand corner it is marked J117. I have searched PartsQ and Megazip and cannot figure out what the correct model is.

I have dual fuel tanks and a factory diff lock.

1589070480694.jpeg

If anyone knows the correct model, I would appreciate any help.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 07.37.34.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 07.38.10.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 07.38.45.png

There are 4 types of meter assy for 2019 RHD and LHD model.
:)

Thanks for the numbers, unfortunately there is no way to verify which one is correct. I did a Google search and only found these types illustrations. If anyone has a VDJ78 with sub-tanks and diff-lock, I would greatly appreciate it if they would confirm the number on their truck.

I've not had any luck in finding the correct number for the Meter Assy. I had my dealer try to find one, but these are the numbers that he came up with. Neither are for a VDJ78. If anyone knows the correct number, I would greatly appreciate it so that I can get one ordered.

1590114404018.png

As @Zorlac posted above:

Factory tachometers were found on LX grade Australia iterations.

You need: 83800-6BD52

Most likely. You should call a Toyota dealership in Australia and double check it.

That's going to be the only way to confirm. A parts diagram will only point to where to start inquiring with a parts professional.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. My dealer just informed me that 83800-6BD52 is the number for the GXL model. I know the picture that I posted is a GXL model, so there shouldn't be any problems. Nevertheless, I'll take the chance and report back.

Jump on carsales.com.au grab a vin number off one that is for sale and pun the vin in toyota diy , all our 7X series landcruisers in aus came with the tachometer dash since 1984 .

Clint79, never thought of doing that. I'll give it try. Thanks for the heads-up.

I just received the meter today. Got it installed and what a difference. I can confirm that 83800-6BD52 is the correct number. Sorry for the crappy shot, I was trying to take a photo while driving in TOKYO today.

1592039607492.jpeg

As @Zorlac posted above:

Factory tachometers were found on LX grade Australia iterations.

You need: 83800-6BD52

Most likely. You should call a Toyota dealership in Australia and double check it.

That's going to be the only way to confirm. A parts diagram will only point to where to start inquiring with a parts professional.

I've got a customer with an overseas model VDJ79 2019 with twin fuel tanks, and he wants a tacho too. Would the 83800-6BD52 fit that too? It has 3 female outlets on the back of his current meter assembly (83800-6BT10). Thanks.

DSC00486.JPG

I just received the meter today. Got it installed and what a difference. I can confirm that 83800-6BD52 is the correct number. Sorry for the crappy shot, I was trying to take a photo while driving in TOKYO today.

View attachment 2338404

Like the finish in your dash .. a more wide shot of it would be very appreciated ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom