Value of '85 BJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sale?

Is it for sale?

Sorry guys, haven't been able to get to the computer and answer the various PM's.

Is it for sale? I've gotta figure a couple things out first but I should know in the next week or two if I'll be selling it.

If you can get the frame out, sandblast it and tap around looking for thin spots. Patch it up. It'll last for a long time. By then the engine is shot and you want a new JDM one.

Yeah so I'm bringing this thread back from the dead since I now have a new Cruiser and am looking to sell the BJ70. The most recent work done on it was the spider on the rear driveshaft was just replaced and a new e-brake cable also installed. Below is a list on things, that I can remember, to know about the truck.

- the frame on the rear driver's side is rotted as you can see in the pics
- rust on the body panels as expected on a 20 year old Canadian LC
- the engine has 342,000km on it and runs pretty strong. It smokes on start-up and up hills. The injectors were rebuilt a couple years ago and the glow-plugs replaced earlier this year.
- fuel gauge doesn't really read correctly
- 2 new batteries last fall
- even though it's pictured, there is no stereo in the truck
- has both suspension seats and they work great (wish I could swap these to my BJ74 but it'll take too much fabrication :( )
- front knuckles were rebuilt by EBI last fall as well as new new brake pads installed
- new rear brake shoes installed last fall
- Magnaflow muffler welded in earlier this year, and the trucks pretty loud now :D
- block heater plug leaks coolant so it needs to be replaced
- drips some oil
- tires don't have much mileage on them and are in good shape riding on 16" rims

And the obligatory pictures:

DSCN5026.JPG

DSCN5027.JPG

DSCN5028.JPG

DSCN5029.JPG

DSCN5030.JPG

DSCN5032.JPG

DSCN5033.JPG

DSCN5034.JPG

DSCN5035.JPG

DSCN5036.JPG

DSCN5037.JPG

DSCN5038.JPG

DSCN5039.JPG

DSCN5042.JPG

DSCN5043.JPG

DSCN5044.JPG

frame(1).jpg

frame(2).jpg

Not sure what to ask for it, $3500 and go from there??? I don't want to sell parts or the VIN tags. If you want the VIN plates, they come with the truck and you can drive it away. I don't want to screw anyone over here so I'm trying to be as honest as possible with the condition of the truck. My brother was screwed when he originaly bought it and it's not a nice feeling so I don't want to pass that on to anyone else.

(Mods, feel free to move this thread to the FS section. I brought this thread up in case some of those people who expressed interest in it originaly are still interested)

Canuck,

I don't want to insulte you are anything, but since you are asking what it is worth I can tell you what it is worth to me. No more than 1000 I could see 3500 right up until I saw the pictures of the frame, that was is tough to justify the extra coin for. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

MIchael

Canuck said:
Yeah so I'm bringing this thread back from the dead since I now have a new Cruiser and am looking to sell the BJ70. The most recent work done on it was the spider on the rear driveshaft was just replaced and a new e-brake cable also installed. Below is a list on things, that I can remember, to know about the truck.

- the frame on the rear driver's side is rotted as you can see in the pics
- rust on the body panels as expected on a 20 year old Canadian LC
- the engine has 342,000km on it and runs pretty strong. It smokes on start-up and up hills. The injectors were rebuilt a couple years ago and the glow-plugs replaced earlier this year.
- fuel gauge doesn't really read correctly
- 2 new batteries last fall
- even though it's pictured, there is no stereo in the truck
- has both suspension seats and they work great (wish I could swap these to my BJ74 but it'll take too much fabrication :( )
- front knuckles were rebuilt by EBI last fall as well as new new brake pads installed
- new rear brake shoes installed last fall
- Magnaflow muffler welded in earlier this year, and the trucks pretty loud now :D
- block heater plug leaks coolant so it needs to be replaced
- drips some oil
- tires don't have much mileage on them and are in good shape riding on 16" rims

And the obligatory pictures:

DSCN5026.JPG

DSCN5027.JPG

DSCN5028.JPG

DSCN5029.JPG

DSCN5030.JPG

DSCN5032.JPG

DSCN5033.JPG

DSCN5034.JPG

DSCN5035.JPG

DSCN5036.JPG

DSCN5037.JPG

DSCN5038.JPG

DSCN5039.JPG

DSCN5042.JPG

DSCN5043.JPG

DSCN5044.JPG

frame(1).jpg

frame(2).jpg

Not sure what to ask for it, $3500 and go from there??? I don't want to sell parts or the VIN tags. If you want the VIN plates, they come with the truck and you can drive it away. I don't want to screw anyone over here so I'm trying to be as honest as possible with the condition of the truck. My brother was screwed when he originaly bought it and it's not a nice feeling so I don't want to pass that on to anyone else.

(Mods, feel free to move this thread to the FS section. I brought this thread up in case some of those people who expressed interest in it originaly are still interested)

I am very serious give me a call @ 403-369-4688
Ryan

I bet there is still alot of structure there, I have seen a friend with his old tacoma and the frame is crack right in half in one spot he still drives it, although I think he's nuts.

I have cash in my hands
Ryan

Over here in the mountains, usualy you see the contrary, rust bucket bodies with strong frames! Well, of the two yotas i've had, i've been lucky, the hilux was rusted but i found a tray from a 2000 one and coated the entire chassis with blackson and the whole under of teh tray. The HJ61 i have now, well, i should clean the frame and under the body and spray a litle grease or something before the winter if i don't want it getting this way! I have a rusted door, few bumps and dings, a rusted patch under a wheel arch a&s well as under the body below the driver's door, and that's about it! Over here yours would still fetch 1500/2000 euros

Best regards.

Max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom