For Sale Vacouver Island, BC, Canada. 1989 HJ61 RHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling my 1989 HJ61 RHD, 5speed, 12H-T Diesel engine, 326,000kms. I have owned this truck since 2004, only owner since it was imported. All maintenance records, all service done at the same shop. No accidents, overall in good condition and very reliable. Been a great truck, only for sale as we are moving overseas to Europe.

Truck has always been maintained but not modified. Nothing pressing to do anytime soon but down the road it will want a new suspension, the Old Man Emu shocks are running on ten years old now and springs getting a bit soft compared to 15 years ago. Clutch will also need doing but not slipping, the slave was just done and bought the complete clutch kit from 4Wheel Auto so the parts are ready to go. Other wise the oil pressure gauge has never worked nor the radio. The back right lock is sticky, does not lock all the time (pwr locks).

The body over all is in good condition. The rockers and back quarters are solid but the front fenders have rust at the bottom and some along the edge under the flares. Not beyond fixable. Body rust is pretty much confined to the front fenders, some small surface rust spots here and there. I injected grease under the windshield gasket ten odd years ago so the windshield frame is fine. Windshield is fine too, a couple of stone chip repairs years ago. The sunroof drain that runs down the windshield pillar was dripping where the drivers grab handle is, I did a tidy chaulking job sealing off the sunroof with marine grade caulking, leak stopped and I hate sunroofs anyways so never used it. You can carefully run a blade around the sunroof to cut the seal and take care of it if you want. I sprayed LPS3 into everywhere I could over the years. Frame overall is good but there is some rust inside where the rear springs mount. Interior is clean, no rips in the upholstery, some spots on the doors where the vinyl is cracked or torn but otherwise it is very good. The front seats have marine grade canvas seat covers to protect them, they are in good shape underneath.

Its a good rig, great shape for the age but still, some items to address given that it is 30 years old. I was starting to plan on that as I had no intention on selling it, have been driving it for 15 years and can't imagine driving anything else except another 'Cruiser...like maybe my BJ40 I stupidly sold a long time ago but then we moved this winter and can't ship it. We need to sell thus truck thus month as leave the first week of August. The truck is located on Vancouver Island close by Victoria. Like I said, you can drive this truck for some time before wanting to do anything. Check out my ad on the Victoria Craigslist to contact me. Cheers.

IMG_1607.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom