Ute Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After 4 long months of waiting and I can't believe my eyes, the Dirty 30 build is complete!

Jeremy Browne of MtnGhst Metalworks Ltd and his amazing girlfriend Ashley Tapp have gone above and beyond making this dream come true.

A lot of work went into this Cruiser with some hurdles to over come. Some of the mods include...

- Spring over lift
- Anti wrap bar
- Body work
- Custom tray
- Shock tower mounts front and rear
- 3 inch stainless exhaust
- Front and rear axel rebuild
- Frame repair

The biggest thing is that this truck is 100% road legal. A structural and mechanical inspection had to be completed to change the classification from Wagon to pick-up.

Thanks to Radd Cruisers 4WD Ltd. , EBI Cruisers and 4 Wheel Auto Wholesale . If it wasn't for these 3 specialty Cruiser shops, this build would have never happened.

Special thanks to Jeremy Browne, Ashley Tapp and Petra Sinclair, you 3 are the best.

Follow me on Instagram for more updates on the cruiser. A lot more to come.

📸Land_bruiser60

IMG_20210420_224146_032.jpg

IMG_20210420_224146_122.jpg

IMG_20210420_224146_142.jpg

IMG_20210420_224146_171.jpg

IMG_20210420_224146_192.jpg

Very Cool.

Yupp, I've always toyed with the idea but now I want to chop my 60 into a four door. Maybe put 63" chevy springs and stretch it a wee bit? A nice flat deck and head ache rack.

Yupp, I've always toyed with the idea but now I want to chop my 60 into a four door. Maybe put 63" chevy springs and stretch it a wee bit? A nice flat deck and head ache rack.
You should not sure is you're on Facebook but there's a chopped 60 Australian group with a really sick looking 4 door 6p ute.

Are you going to do the work yourself?

I saved these pics years ago when I was thinking about chopping mine.

The longer version that's squared off under the back doors looks better.

A lot more work with the frame I think for that length of wheelbase

60x6.jpg

$_75.jpg

I saved these pics years ago when I was thinking about chopping mine.

The longer version that's squared off under the back doors looks better.

A lot more work with the frame I think for that length of wheelbase

View attachment 2655652
View attachment 2655653
There's a couple nice looking 4 doors that don't have the frame extension. If you're worried about your wheel track what you could do is put the Chevy 63s in and don't change the front spring mount. It'll kick your rear axel back by 5 inches I believe.

Here's a few builds that are on that Facebook group.

FB_IMG_1619362712227.jpg

FB_IMG_1619362708346.jpg

FB_IMG_1619362686365.jpg

FB_IMG_1619362681963.jpg

Yeah I'd probably aim for somewhere between the two white ones...

Doubt I'll do it now tho, the 61 is just the winter beater commuter bitch :lol:

Probably will get replaced by some sort of emasculating econobox in the next year or 2.

Fair enough
I do change my mind occasionally tho...:lol:
It'd be hard to get rid of a decent diesel cruiser these days when it would be so hard to replace. I actually bought my 61 as a donor for the green 40 thing, but then could never bring myself to kill it.

Enough hijacking tho...haha

I'm curious to see what else you have cooking, camper box maybe?

Been thinking about building a mini one for my 40. Something with a couple pullouts because my truck bed is about 5' square...:hmm:

I do change my mind occasionally tho...:lol:
It'd be hard to get rid of a decent diesel cruiser these days when it would be so hard to replace. I actually bought my 61 as a donor for the green 40 thing, but then could never bring myself to kill it.

Enough hijacking tho...haha

I'm curious to see what else you have cooking, camper box maybe?

Been thinking about building a mini one for my 40. Something with a couple pullouts because my truck bed is about 5' square...:hmm:
Ya going full Australian with this build. Phase 2 will be a aluminum canopy all tricked out with all the overland crap.

Well I already have a 2"x5" rear frame replacement so extending the frame would be a breeze. My truck almost holds no value in the cruiser world. Unless you think you can sell a New york whore for top dollar? I am in need of a new project.

christine 011.JPG

168.JPG

168.JPG

168.JPG

bj60 4 door truck.jpg

Isn't that how cruisers work now?

Do it. It'll be awesome.

I've only had someone in the backseat twice in my 60 in almost 7 years. Which begs the question, why the f*** do I even have a back seat? :hmm:
I got sick an tired of bringing friends that would just trash the interior. Solved that problem real quick. Can't ask me for ride to the camp site if there's no room.

I got sick an tired of bringing friends that would just trash the interior. Solved that problem real quick. Can't ask me for ride to the camp site if there's no room.
The friends thing is a stretch Colin:p turned out great. Deck is sure pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom