USB passthroughs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,

Has anyone been able to find a USB passthrough that fits into a spare switch on the 1st series 200 ? I could actually do with a dual, but a single would be better than nothing.
I am in the process of installing a GROM VL2, and would love to tuck it in as deep as possible while retaining access to at least one of the USB ports.
Any ideas ?

Hi folks,

Has anyone been able to find a USB passthrough that fits into a spare switch on the 1st series 200 ? I could actually do with a dual, but a single would be better than nothing.
I am in the process of installing a GROM VL2, and would love to tuck it in as deep as possible while retaining access to at least one of the USB ports.
Any ideas ?
I removed the top cigarette lighter and installed one of these. I then ran the extension cord to the back of the Grom unit. Works like a charm.

Amazon product ASIN B01NCA9XEI

I run mine zip tied to the undersurface of the passenger footwell. I find that I need access to the usb from time to time and the cabling gets loose in the back (maybe cuz it get kicked from time to time)

But as a fan of Vline it still isn’t the most stable platform and having to take things apart to get access would suck. I have that exact cord and I was gonna do what you planned but decided against it cuz I was having periodic problems with it.

That being said I have my GMRS radio and my Siren/loudspeaker mounted behind the display deep in the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom