Upgrade to 4340 Chromoly Shafts? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Solid purchase. I dont have any personal experience with breakage, but I bought my truck with a broken long side stock birf. Spooled 5.29's on 35's. So they do break. I have a locker now, and possibly would have installed it with the stock shafts if one wasnt already damaged, but replacement cost of a stock shaft vs just buying upgraded shafts is where I went with that. Also, I was also thinking I didnt want to risk breaking a stock shaft and ruining additional components as part of the carnage.... namely the spiders in the diff if the shaft let go and took out the spider gear with it.

I bought gun drilled 30 spline trail gear longfields and chromoly hub gears. They're nice pieces. Dont really think theyre going to leave me stranded where an RCV wouldnt. Who knows though. Id possibly have gone RCV if the warranty was handled in Canada as my TG longs will be if I ever need warranty.

I also bought trail gears 5.29 hi pin reverse cut r&p...they painted really nice on set up and are dead quiet. Trail gear might not be pioneers but I havent had any bad luck with their parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom