Parting Out UPDATED '84 FJ60 Parts Vehicle - Body and Rolling Chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
'84 FJ60 body and frame, some repairable rust on body. Frame is solid other than C-channels, heavy surface rust - frame needs sandblasting. Body complete minus front valance and grille. Body needs paint. Crease in liftgate. On '86 FJ60 axles and springs with '86 power steering gearbox, earlier steering shaft, '84 steering column - steering wheel rough and is there to be able to steer rolling chassis, no horn cover. Currently on BFG 33X9.50s, but need to keep those. Some photos to start, I'll post more in a minute.

Asking $1,000 for all, can include quite few extra parts, including spare fuel lines, brake lines, rear heater lines/rear heater, and more. Would prefer to sell complete vehicle. Vehicle currently near Las Vegas, NV, can deliver locally or between Nevada and New Mexico.

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

I've decided to part this out early next year. The front clip (fenders, inner fenders, hood, and radiator support) and four doors are spoken for. Will have the tailgate and lift gate available, as well as the steering column and shaft, power steering gearbox, metal dash, rear heater, and axles with springs. The frame and body shell (minus windshield glass) will need to go together, with the axles last to go (so I can deliver it). I'll also have quite a few other FJ60 parts from my '83, '84, and '86 FJ60s, including engine parts, interior parts, fuel lines, brake lines, rear heater lines, emissions parts, etc. Stay tuned.

Decided to sell the body shell (no doors, hood, fenders, inner fenders, radiator support, lift gate/tailgate, or glass - needed for my other '84 FJ60 and my '86 FJ60) and frame together for $200 delivered in Southern Nevada, Arizona, or New Mexico.

The rusted areas of the body shell shown in the photos should be fairly easy to replace for someone with basic welding skills. In any case, there's a lot of good sheet metal, including the roof, pillars, and firewall. Sandblasting and replacing the rear C-channels would result in a solid frame. I'd hate to take it to Silver State Recycling.

Last edited:
Interested in the axles and ps box.

Please send me a message with prices.

Thanks!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Hello, I’m moving to California from nc. Been trying to find somewhat rust free lift gate and maybe right rear roof corner. Do you have one available? Trying to put my 60 in decent shape, I will be driving through Vegas in about 10-14 days so let me know if you do.

UPDATE: The body and frame are now back in northern New Mexico. Decided to part it out. I'm keeping the windshield and rear side windows as spares for my '86 FJ60. Parts spoken for include hood, fenders, inner fenders, doors, lift gate, radiator support, rear leaf springs, and chrome wheels. The body shell, frame, fuel lines, brake lines, rear heater lines, axles, front leaf springs, power steering gearbox, steering column, glovebox and door, and metal dash frame and braces are available. Also have a few grey interior parts. There are eight repairable rust areas on the body shell, plus repairable rust along the lower edge of the tailgate. Other than the C-channels, the frame is in good shape with just surface rust. Can deliver the frame and body shell in northern/central New Mexico and southern/central Colorado.

Uncracked dash and center console (if it'll fit an 06/86)? In any color will do. Price + shipping to 95672?

Tossed the dash, it was badly cracked. Center console has been sold. I do have a older grey center console from an early FJ60, but it mounts completely differently.

Do you have a brake pedal from a 60/62?

TTT

UPDATE: The body and frame are now back in northern New Mexico. Decided to part it out. I'm keeping the windshield and rear side windows as spares for my '86 FJ60. Parts spoken for include hood, fenders, inner fenders, doors, lift gate, radiator support, rear leaf springs, and chrome wheels. The body shell, frame, fuel lines, brake lines, rear heater lines, axles, front leaf springs, power steering gearbox, steering column, glovebox and door, and metal dash frame and braces are available. Also have a few grey interior parts. There are eight repairable rust areas on the body shell, plus repairable rust along the lower edge of the tailgate. Other than the C-channels, the frame is in good shape with just surface rust. Can deliver the frame and body shell in northern/central New Mexico and southern/central Colorado. Could also deliver to west-central Texas (Clarendon on US 287 south to Sweetwater on I-20 and southwest towards Big Bend. I'd really hate to take this to a metal recycler.

Hi there,

I'm interested in the frame, but I am in Oakland, CA with a BJ60 that has a cracked rusted frame. If it's still available and you have suggestions for how I could transport the frame, please send me a PM. Thank you!

Sara

Hi there,

I'm interested in the frame, but I am in Oakland, CA with a BJ60 that has a cracked rusted frame. If it's still available and you have suggestions for how I could transport the frame, please send me a PM. Thank you!

Sara
The frame needs to have the rear C-channels replaced. TrailTailor in northern California sells replacements sections, bolt-in IIRC. Other than that the frame is solid. I just towed the vehicle to New Mexico from Las Vegas, NV, so went in the opposite direction. I'll be driving back out there in a few weeks, if I can find someone locally who wants the body I might be able to tow the frame with axles and springs at least back that far, don't know if that gets us anywhere though. It's still a long ways from Las Vegas to Oakland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom