Unusual message on startup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an '05 100 series that has been pretty solid. It started up fine this morning, but I saw something on the screen right after starting I had never seen before. It was a message with a picture of a cd/dvd disc and a bar graph that worked its way across the screen over a few seconds. The message said something like "Please wait....system loading".

Everything was fine after that....so far.

I assume that it was pulling data from the dvd that is associated with the nav screen, though I'm not really sure. I have made no changes to any settings recently and it has the original dvd which works fine.

Anybody ever encountered this or know what it could signify?

Thanks

that will happen when the vehicle's battery is disconnected w/o an alternate power source being plugged in. it's the system rebooting itself and recognizing the nav disc in place etc. I've seen this both on my 06 LS and 11 LX which both have nav.

For some reason the system power was disconnected briefly, or at least it thought the power was disconnected. Battery connections good? Grounds good? If it never happens again, treat it as a fluke. If it happens again, get out the Fluke (meter) and track down what may be a power issue? If you end up thinking its the DVD, I have a good 2011 data disk of that generation I'd send you for free to see if that helps. The data in your system right now would be 2004 or 2005.

Thank you both for your replies and suggestions.

Given what has been said I should also mention that my rig --purchased in Fall '04-- still has the original Panasonic battery that it came with. It has been in the teens lately, but the vehicle still starts in the morning without fail or hesitation or a starter sounding like it is pulling from a discharged battery. Any sane person would probably have changed the battery by now on general principles given its age. I think I am holding on for bragging rites on how long a well made battery can last. I guess this could be a sign I am pushing it too far.

It, or possibly, the connections. Have you ever cleaned/greased/checked the connectors and cables and grounds? If not, do that first! And, BTW, if you have a 13 year old battery you already have bragging rights. That's OLD! Spring for a new one if the problem shows up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom