Unknown Brake Master - Please ID (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Archie 1962 FJ25

Autocrat
Threads
This is genuine Toyota brake master (4 Bolt Mount), I found on retro fitted to a 72 FJ45 in NZ. As per owner it came from a later Land Cruiser or Hilux. Please can some one help me identify what model and Year this was used.

Thanks in Advance.
DSC_0235.JPG
DSC_0236.JPG
DSC_0237.JPG

DSC_0237.JPG

Last edited:
The strange front bowl reservoir is throwing me. It looks like early 1970's hilux master cylinder. They are 2 reservoir, 4 bolt. 1972-1974

The large front nut on the master cylinder does look more like a 1960's master cylinder though. You might be right about the cap. I wonder if that is a replacement.

The large front nut on the master cylinder does look more like a 1960's master cylinder though. You might be right about the cap. I wonder if that is a replacement.

Not sure if those are a switches or sensors on the bottom but the sixties I believe was early for those.

the bleeders on the master don't feel like a Toyota thing to me......but might(good chance) I am wrong

Alright truck is 72 not 71 and on close inspection looks like it was set up for booster from the factory but might have rolled out without one. There are 2 more holes (caped with plastic caps) top of brake masters top mounting holes. Brake master is definitely Toyota and has got our old faithful "TEQ" logo cast on the housing. Front reservoir is same size as rear, just cap is different. I took some more close-ups -

DSC_0240.JPG
DSC_0241.JPG
DSC_0242.JPG
DSC_0251.JPG
DSC_0248.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom