Twistys Aussie HJ45 Buildup/Resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What a nice truck.
Did a local panel & paint company do your paint job ? Can you recommend someone in brissy/ Gold Coast ?

MAN I LOVE THIS RIG................NICE

Thanks mate!

What a nice truck.
Did a local panel & paint company do your paint job ? Can you recommend someone in brissy/ Gold Coast ?

Thanks Zimmi!

Warren at Formula Bodyworks did the paint (Sunshine Coast). He was a little slow in getting it out (most shops are but I think) but overall I am happy with the job. If I did it again I'd probably spend a little more on the bodywork and get it even straighter.

Couple pics from a overnight trip to Crofters Private Mountain Estate (the old Landcruiser Mountain Park) to watch the racing of Round 1 of the Aust4 Racing Series (Aussie Ultra4). Ute is going really well with the new motor.

TwistyHJ45-Croft4_zpshjlyt8xs.jpg

TwistyHJ45-Croft3_zpsoji7c1re.jpg

TwistyHJ45-Croft1_zpsju45nf0z.jpeg

TwistyHJ45-Croft2_zpsxfvcobv8.jpeg

Flexxx! Ran into a bloke today at the brake shop who knows you. Never told me his name but he's got a L/R IIA 109" two door. Lives in Camp Hill. Cyclist. Good fella.

Hey Twisty, Did you ever get the kit made for your flush mount bonnet Latchs??

Flexxx! Ran into a bloke today at the brake shop who knows you. Never told me his name but he's got a L/R IIA 109" two door. Lives in Camp Hill. Cyclist. Good fella.

Hmmm....maybe Sam? Tall bloke? Has his own landscaping business?

G'day Twisty, Has anyone approached you asking if you would make up a few more style side tubs? It looks superb. Cheers, Ben

Yeah, had a few inquire. The parts add up quick but. There is about $3k in sheet metal shop work, then all my time piecing it together, then fibreglass flares and paint on top of that. Adds up quick but I think is well worth it.

Hey Twisty, Did you ever get the kit made for your flush mount bonnet Latchs??

Piecing the kit together now actually. Sent the files off to the lasercutters yesterday.

Few random pics from the last few weeks.

Entered the ute in the show n shine at Downunder Beachfest in Caloundra. 585 pre 1983 vehicles were entered in it, i felt so out of place with so many awesome rides around me but was blown away by the attention the cruiser received. Ended up winning best Japanese vehicle too (I may have won by default but, haha).

Here is a link to my photos from the show.
Downunder Beachfest 2016 | Facebook

FB_IMG_1466856240445_zpsveaevzd4.jpg

IMG_20160612_085339_zpscurcuzhq.jpg

Random photo from after the above Landcruiser Park trip.
IMG_20160520_163446_zpsqaoottvy.jpg

And lastly, our daughter Ivy celebrated her 2nd birthday over the weekend. Crazy how quick time goes. She loves riding shotgun in the ute around town.
IMG_20160625_101540_zpsq2l0gecj.jpg

Couple photos from a small detour through the Beerwah State Forest on the way to sort a custom handbrake cable to suit the 5spd conversion and 60 series rear diff. Only a couple other small things to sort before it goes up For Sale.

20161027_064712_zpszpriwtrl.jpg

20161027_064623_zpsbftmkbkf.jpg

I would buy it if I had the money looks fantastic

Thought I'd add the pictures from my For Sale thread here to finish off this build thread. It sold for the asking price in only 3 days. The new owner picked it up a bit over a week ago. It was sad to see it go, but am looking forward to moving forward with the FJ45V project and the mid wheel base BJ42 I've had in storage for ages.

Twisty-1977-HJ45%201_zpssjvofia1.jpg

Twisty-1977-HJ45%202_zps2cj41noj.jpg

Twisty-1977-HJ45%203_zpsldryowen.jpg

Twisty-1977-HJ45%204_zpse9zkzqi7.jpg

Twisty-1977-HJ45%205_zpshf16ivoe.jpg

Twisty-1977-HJ45%206_zpsmrezvkgm.jpg

Twisty-1977-HJ45%207_zpsduv1hkll.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom