Twist lock fastener hole making

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
FST Canvas common fastener (twist lock) hole making

I am going thru some thick canvas...coated 22oz...this is extra stuff i had from my top....

You can use a scissor like i am using here...or xacto knife or even a hole punch.

takes a few minutes for the 1st...but...you start to fly thru the rest once you got it

1) step one turn fastener over and mark the inside with a pencil

I made a center line to show where you will need to fold the canvas...you will be cutting out from the outside of the line...see step two
IMG_6181.jpg
IMG_6182.jpg
IMG_6183.jpg

2) step two fold over the canvas and cut out on the outside of the line...

the scissors i am using are not the usuall large scissors that i would normally use...these have seen better days and the handle is broken...but...still easy to cut thru
IMG_6184.jpg
IMG_6185.jpg
IMG_6186.jpg

3) step three...mark where all 4 prongs will go thru

4) step four...using an exacto knife....push thru the 4 spots that you marked..

if you put tape around the exacto knife so just a small amount of the blade is showing...you'll be less likely to go too far...and less likely to kill your self :rolleyes:

also not shown here...you can push thru ontop of cardboard to make it alil easyer

5) step five...push/wiggle the prongs thru the canvas
IMG_6187.jpg
IMG_6190.jpg
IMG_6191.jpg

Could use a hole punch....like I said you can do the same thing using a hole punch...takes about four snips to cut out the hole

Could use an exacto knife...place the canvas on a hard surface that you dont care about however :)
IMG_6195.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom