Turbo Rebuild Wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y’all,
Looking to rebuild my turbo for my HDJ81 ‘93 up here in Vancouver. Anyone know how much one would be? If anyone has one for sale please let me know? New to this LC world and this forum, so pardon the layman’s terms! Cheers.

Hi T3HDJ81, Sorry I can’t help you. I’m jumping on your thread because I may have the same problem. I’m in Kelowna and may need my CT26 off my 13BT rebuilt.

Just another thing to consider is a replacement Mamba turbo... I recently purchased a full turbo “kit” for under AU$1000. The upgraded turbo will offer better performance and looks to be very well made (it’s not a cheap Chinese knock off). May be more cost effective than rebuilding the factory unit.

and only a couple hundred more and you can get a gturbo. that’s what i bought. ill have my rebuilt CT26 available for sale when i swap the gturbo on. it’s got a bigger compressor wheel as well. it’s great for daily driving. i just found i wanted a little more for towing

How much did you pay? When I looked into it the Gturbo prices ranged from ~$2400-2700aud compared to like $950 delivered for the Mamba.

And yes, the gturbos are brilliant but unless your chasing really big power I’m not sure the $1500 extra is worth it. (Like you can get better bang for your buck running a better exhaust, intercooler etc). It’s only if you’ve got the budget to do all those additional mods AND. A Gturbo that it’s worth it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom