Tundra flashing low 4 check eng lights

Discussion in 'Tundra / Sequoia' started by No jeeep, Sep 13, 2018.

1. No jeeep

No jeeep

This morning I took off down the road and noticed my check engine light and traction control light came on along with a flashing low 4 light. It's definitely not in four wheel drive. The truck didn't seam to want to down shift and seamed a little sluggish. Has anyone experienced these same symptoms. This just happened 30 minutes ago and I thought I would reach out real quick before I scan for codes tonight. Thanks.

RAGINGMATT likes this.
  2. CRZR45

CRZR45

My 2010 Platinum did a similar thing last week. Started it and the 4lo was flashing but it was in 2wd.. drove it a couple miles and shut it down. On return trip home all was good no lights and all normal.? Curious if anyone has any ideas?

3. No jeeep

No jeeep

Scanned it last night and and got a P2442 P code. Initially it sounds like something related to the Air Switching Valve (ASV) possibly sticking open. That may indicate why your problem was a one and done. My problem still exists and the truck is running about 1/2 power. Anyone with experience on this issue, please feel free to chime in. I'll check for tech. service bulletins (TSB)s today to see if this is a common problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.