Tundra electrical issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, electrical gremlins in our 2005 Tundra double cab have me stumped. Yesterday I left the ignition on while messing around with the moon roof (ice clogged and started to leak). It sat with the ignition on for about 45 minutes. When I started it back up, and then turned it off, the headlights would not turn off (switch and ignition both off). I had to disconnect the battery. I reconnected the battery (lights immediately came on) and drove it and noticed that the airbag dash light was lit. Parked it and headlights still wouldn't turn off. I played with the switch and noticed that the highbeams and high beam indicator were not working. It was dark, so I parked it for the night and disconnected the battery.

This morning I reconnected battery and headlights are now working except still no highbeam or high beam indicator. Airbag light was also off. I drove it a few miles, parked it, turned it off and then restarted to see if the lights would stay on. They didn't, but when I started it, the check engine light, both VSC lights, and airbag light were lit and stayed lit.

Drove it home, parked it, started it back up and VSC lights and check engine lights lit, but not airbag. Headlights turned off, but still no highbeams.

Sorry for long post! any ideas where to start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom