Trying to ID a Steel Wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been on the net for an hour and looked through MUD to find some info on a wheel I got from a friend. Didn't think it was going to cause this much searching to ID it. The only meaningful stamp on it is not a Toyo part number. J 16X7JJDOTCMC 402 HM 25. I have seen plenty of wheels with J 16X7JJDOTCMC but the rest of the numbers never come up in any search. And the only obvious numbers are the 16X7. If anyone can point me to a place where I can decipher the markings I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the wheel.

24002BC8-0B28-48A6-9652-4F36BF7F1EB5.jpeg

D5B482C9-F6A4-4AF9-8DD9-D06E1AE2021E.jpeg

1. "J" = rim marking for rim standard which is "J" meaning Japanese standard. For Toyota alloy wheels you would probably see "JWL" instead.
2. Rim size which is 16X7JJ, ”JJ“ is just to tell you what the flange specs are...too much detail to get into but you can easily look it up via google.
3. "DOT" = DOT marking for legality purposes
4. "CMC" = Trademark CMC is the ID for the company that makes the wheel. Could be CMWA in USA or CMW in Japan (aka Chuoseiki) depending where wheel is made.
5. Month/Year = 04/02. April 2002
6. The rest is internal stuff that only CMW will know but that is where the offset number usually is. Probably +25

Last edited:
That was really helpful. I appreciate the info. I was not able to find that in any search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom