truck build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is what it looked like the day I bought it, about a year ago.
3fbb_3 copy.JPG
5326_3 copy.JPG
4589_3 copy.JPG

... Well heres a few pics, not the best because its still in the garage, but at least its off jackstands.

You may want to consult with an expert, but that doesn't look like proper garage parking technique? :hillbilly:

attachment.php

Looks way more gooder!:cheers:

... All I have left to do this morning is to fill the diffs up, ...

Use cheap dyno oil for the first fill.

... Going to take it easy for a few miles, Wheelers recommended 15 minute intervals on the gears with a 2 hour cool down, doing it about 4 times. ...

I agree, pay careful attention to sounds, stop if anything sounds bad. As soon as you stop at each cycle touch each hub and diff housing to test temps. They should be warm, but hot enough to burn would be bad. With each cycle they will get cooler.

Put some miles on it (~500+), then change out the diff fluid and retorque all of the suspension/axle fasteners before the trip.

Oh, it took a little while to get it in the garage like that, lots of tire marks on the garage floor. I filled it up this morning with Valvoline 75-90, I wasnt going to drain and re-fill, I need to do that huh? Different oil than what I put in?

Didnt know about the housing and axle heating up, thanks for letting me know. I must of left a dome light on or something, because the battery is completely dead. So now its on the charger, damn it, just another hurdle.

Maybe now I wont get so much crap from you guys for having a lowered truck, but then again I still have the polished turd on it.....

Oh, it took a little while to get it in the garage like that, lots of tire marks on the garage floor.

The easy way is to jack an axle with the floor jack and swing it around, but whatever works.:hillbilly:

I filled it up this morning with Valvoline 75-90, I wasnt going to drain and re-fill, I need to do that huh? Different oil than what I put in?

Yes, the new parts will shed some metal debris and you want that stuff out. Some run syn in the diffs, I don't, prefer to run dyno and change it more often, so IMHO that lube is fine.

... but then again I still have the polished turd on it.....

Yep.:eek:

You may want to consult with an expert, but that doesn't look like proper garage parking technique? :hillbilly:

attachment.php

:lol::lol::lol:....

Almost looks like you'll need to Vasoline the roof rack to get it out..:D

Looking good...

Congrats man....looking good.

Awesome job dude! Looks good!

im pretty sure it will clear, if it doesnt, off with the roof rack!!! If Rob Clark can fit in his standard garage with a 6" lift, I should definately. Brittan has the same set-up as I do, he gets his in. You guys are just trying to scare me. Oh, wouldnt the wife be pissed if didnt fit, or I had to take down the garage door, or worst case, trim the header!!

You got it wedged in there sideways. You are going to have to go thru the wall anyway.:hillbilly::meh:

it clears fine, I have atleast 2-3 inches. It took me awhile to get it out, but I did. Took it for a test drive a few times tonight, everything seems to be good. Man, was it nice to be drivin the cruiser after 3 long weeks.

looks like the garage will be a carport once that garage door is taken down for clearance ;)

Mine clears by about one inch.

heres the update Jackson.
pennies.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom