TRD Rock Warriors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you running the rock warriors, which seems to be a bunch of yall. What is a good price for a set of 4? I saw a set on facebook marketplace that look to be in very good condition. Wasnt sure what a fair price for something like that would be. Thank you in advance.

If you get them for less than $200-$250 per wheel, you did good. They are harder and harder to find now.
I got 4 for $400, but then had to pay a lot more for a 5th on ebay. (That was 3 years ago) They go for $1200ish in good condition a lot of times.

Those wheels are so scarce here in the Midwest I’m tempted the buy an older TRD Tundra with them, swap out the wheels, and resell the Tundra. Probably come out ahead!

I have a set of tundra wheels that came off of my 08 tundra. 18 aluminum Trd wheels, but this was before trd pro existed haha. I thought about just getting a set of grips for those to use during deer season, then saw a set of the rock warriors for $650. Unfortunately after reading that first reply I contacted the dude and they had sold. I have found another set with some ko2’s that I inquired about but haven’t received a reply.

They go quick when they’re priced right.

If they are under a grand they will sell fast.

Your best bet for saving money is being patient, having a pile of cash and watching local CL and FB marketplace classifieds like a hawk and jumping on a deal before they start getting contacted like crazy. It will probably take a while and may not happen at all.
Otherwise you are looking at the $1250 range possibly plus shipping because you are looking at national sales/auction sites. I’m glad I got mine when I did an hour away for a thousand, but had to pay over 300 to get a damaged fifth for a spare.

Oh and before you accept a damaged set and plan to have them powder coated, there is talk about common PC processes potentially causing problems with the metallurgy.

Oh and before you accept a damaged set and plan to have them powder coated, there is talk about common PC processes potentially causing problems with the metallurgy.
It's not just talk - I had a set of aluminum wheels crack, all four, from over heating during the PC curing process. So it pays to ask questions before you PC wheels.

These are two spokes that cracked. Each wheel had multiple spokes crack. Which was disconcerting as these were on the race car we used for hill climbs.

cracked wheel one.jpg

craceked wheel two.jpg

It's not just talk - I had a set of aluminum wheels crack, all four, from over heating during the PC curing process. So it pays to ask questions before you PC wheels.

These are two spokes that cracked. Each wheel had multiple spokes crack. Which was disconcerting as these were on the race car we used for hill climbs.

View attachment 2387848

View attachment 2387849
That is sketchy!! Might be worth a PSA thread to itself. Lots of people have powder coated rock warriors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom