TRD Pro Wheels on 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

275/65/18 is the size Nokian we are running on the winter setup. We didn’t have any problems at all or rubbing all winter. We just switched over to the warm weather setup two days ago... It started snowing today.

275/65/18 is the size Nokian we are running on the winter setup. We didn’t have any problems at all or rubbing all winter. We just switched over to the warm weather setup two days ago... It started snowing today.
Thanks!

I also just removed my winter tire/oem wheel set up and now am running the black TRD pro Tundra wheels with BFG KO2 285/60/18 (stock land cruiser size) on my 2016 LC.

Everything seems to be running well with no rubbing or other issues as was reassured beforehand by other members.

Only hiccup that I had during the installation process was that the cloned aftermarket TPMS sensors that Discount tire installed on the new wheels only partially worked with the truck. While the car did not have any TPMS error message, the car would not display the digital tire pressure for all 5 wheels as it did with the OEM wheels. They called Toyota and tried a bunch of things that didn't work. Discount tire ended up buying the OEM Toyota TPMS tires a few days later and reinstalled them and afterwards the truck now can detect and display the tire pressures on the dashboard.

LC wheels.jpeg

Are these the same offset and width as stock landcruiser 18s?

May just be the angle or a trick of the color but to me they appear further inboard than stock on both the above gray 200 and the maroon one on the first page.

Are these the same offset and width as stock landcruiser 18s?

May just be the angle or a trick of the color but to me they appear further inboard than stock on both the above gray 200 and the maroon one on the first page.

The offset of the 2016 Stock rims are +56mm offset. I confirmed this as it is imprinted on the inner aspect of the OEM wheels when they were removed from the trucks. the TRD Tundra pro wheel are +60 offset. This is also imprinted on the inner part of the wheel.

Here is my wife's 200 with the Tundra rims (not painted or powder coated) and Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires in 275/70R18. No rubbing issues and the spare fits under the truck.

She got about 40,000 miles on the Michelin LTX tires that came with the rims.

IMG_3978.jpg

I’m assuming that the KO2 would fit like the AT3 at the 275/70R18 size but wanted to confirm if anyone else was running these on the TRD wheels. I’ve seen them fit without issue on the stock wheels.

New here and reviving an old(er) thread. For those that you have bought the TRD wheels - did the TPMS setup work with your LC? Or did you have to add a different setup? I picked up a leftover '18 and am looking for a winter setup.

Thanks

Guys I spent many hours looking at different threads concerning max tire size and wheel combinations. Finally, I decided on the Tundra TRD wheels and mounted 275 70 R18 BF KO2s. After backing out of the tire shop I heard rubbing from the front left at almost full lock. After inspection the tire was rubbing the KDDS bolt where it attaches to the anti sway bar. After turning the wheels to various locations, I noticed very close tolerances on the mudflaps. My cruiser is a 2013 with the OME 2 inch setup with SPC UCAs. I checked the TRD Pro wheels again and confirmed 60mm as are my stock wheels. At this point, it looks as though I will need to install wheel spacers(?) or do a relocation of the anti-sway which I have read a little about. I am posting this for information purposes in case someone else attempts the same setup. I also had to remove a bracket which helps secure the spare when storing the new 33 inch spare. The wheels and tires look great, but I was very disappointed in the rubbing. I run the same size tires on my stock 100 series with no rubbing...go figure.

I suspect it is your lift. I run a tundra trd pro rim/285 65 combo with a stock suspension and there isn't any rubbing. In my research the spidertrax 1.25" spacers seem to be common on lifted rigs.

The caster adjustment of UCAs can make tires rub in slightly different places.

Same as CharlieS, 285/65/18, stock wheels, I had zero rub. Stock suspension plus the toyota 10mm spacers. The tire was within 1/8” of rubbing on the rear of the front wheel well liner though.

275/70 is marginally narrower, but a bit taller. Not surprising it would rub where 285/65 doesn’t.

I may try the 1.25 spacer, but worried it may cause rubbing or issues elsewhere. The tires are tucked in quite a bit. Additionally, would it be too much? I know spacers are used by many, but it just makes me nervous I guess. Anyway, I have done some trimming which helped, but i can't trim the metal anti-sway bar. After I installed my lift, I was forced to use another tire shop for the alignment and they refused to adjust new UCR which I had adjusted to neutral settings per instructions. Do you think it would be worth while to go to a different shop? On my lifted Tacoma I remember the shop adjusting the UCA settings.

Because they most likely aren’t genuine.
I second this. The cheapest I found was around 947 shipped so I grabbed them. There maybe cheaper ones, but I looked for a while...Think people know we cheap cruisers heads are looking for them instead of the RWs...ha

You will need spacers
I may try the 1.25 spacer, but worried it may cause rubbing or issues elsewhere. The tires are tucked in quite a bit. Additionally, would it be too much? I know spacers are used by many, but it just makes me nervous I guess. Anyway, I have done some trimming which helped, but i can't trim the metal anti-sway bar. After I installed my lift, I was forced to use another tire shop for the alignment and they refused to adjust new UCR which I had adjusted to neutral settings per instructions. Do you think it would be worth while to go to a different shop? On my lifted Tacoma I remember the shop adjusting the UCA settings.

The 1.25 spacers will work perfect for you.

Because they most likely aren’t genuine.

They are genuine. HCH gets junkyard wheels and sells them. Usually out of stock, and you may get curb rash etc. You also don't get center caps. The RW wheels they sell exclude the center cap, the rock rings and the ring bolts.

Guys I spent many hours looking at different threads concerning max tire size and wheel combinations... Tundra TRD wheels and mounted 275 70 R18 BF KO2s... My cruiser is a 2013 with the OME 2 inch setup with SPC UCAs.

I have a nearly identical setup (2013; toughdog/total chaos; Tundra TRD pro; bfg ko2 275/70r18...) And similar rubbing issues: turning left, full lock rubs on kdss. In reverse, while turning rubs a mudflap sometimes. Sounds like a card in bike spoke. ✊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom