TRD LC/LX supercharger boost pressure ??s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Believe it or not I got better gas mileage with the s/c on than stock. I know - I know. I don't have to push the gas pedal down as far with the s/c.

My truck has a 160lt gas tank and with that full and primary tank full with our gear to go somewhere, I am sure it is over 6,500 pounds. I am running OME863 in the rear and OME t-bars in front.

Toylexmods is right it is a thing of beauty espcially when you are going uphill and you hear the boost. hehehe

Amando

How so?
Just curious, not second guessing what-so-ever. I always thought S/Cs were a lot less prone to that seeing as they are run off of a belt. What compression ratio are the 4.7s?

hoser said:
Cool. Could've been an expensive repair. How's the mileage with the SC now?

Hoser,

Here are the last 3 tanks

1. 13.0 mpg, 50/50 city/hwy with some boosting on the hwy, and a 75 mile drive at 75mph into a huge headwind.

2. 11.7mpg, 50/50 city/hwy with mountain driving in the Cascades, some steep stop and go driving that used up some boost and gas.

3. 14.5mpg, 25/75 city/hwy on I-5 back and forth to Portland. ;)

All in all, this is exactly what I expected for gas mileage. Oh, and the big grin when the gas pedal hits the floor. :doh:

Toylexmods, that's good news. An SC might be in my future.

hoser said:
Toylexmods, that's good news. An SC might be in my future.

I have a couple of installs coming up. I will leave the feedback here. Actually, I might order the data logger and get some real info for the gang here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom