Traveling to Vancouver at end of month (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! I'm visiting your area at the end of the month for a conference and am going out a few days early to check out what Vancouver has to offer. Unfortunately, my cruiser won't fit in the carry-on compartment so I'm doing a rental vehicle. Would love any input on the following:
- trustworthy place to rent a rooftop tent (to go on rental)
- close by places to see/camp
- reliable place to rent a mtn bike or (sea) kayak

You know what it's like to travel to places and know nothing about the area. YouTube and google only tell some of the story.

If any of you are ever in Mississippi, give me a shout! Our club, Cottonland Cruisers, will fix you up!

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Vancouver or Vancouver Island? How many days? Where is conference at?

Vancouver or Vancouver Island? How many days? Where is conference at?

Suppose it's technically Vancouver. Probably coming in town by 11am on Thursday, april 27. Heading to conference noon Sunday, May 1. Not sure host site of conference yet. Will have to be in hotel from Sunday Wednesday. Hopefully that gives me time to see just a snippet of the area.

head towards whistler would be my advice, beautiful road out there and a lot to see/explore

JHigh - post the same question here
CA.BC- Coastal Cruisers
Coastal Cruisers is in Vancouver, someone over there might be able to help out.

I was just thinking, a drive up to Harrison Hot Springs, and then up the Harrison FSR might
be cool, but not sure how deep the snow would be up there still. Even taking a day trip up
the Fraser Canyon on Hwy 1 would really.

This is a fun overnight trip. You'd see enough of BC to get some great photos and some of the best
scenery BC has to offer. If you travelled slow, overnight in Lillooet ( cheap hotels, couple of cool pubs) be
a great trip

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Vanc...ea30cde8ea!2m2!1d-122.598398!2d49.2193226!3e0

If you do get over to the island, I got a mountain bike and a sea kayak you can use for free, and one day of off road wheeling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom