Transmission issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I’m new to the forum. I recently purchased a 2005 Lexus GX470 with 149k. So far, I’m loving it. However, something very odd happened today. I was driving when suddenly the VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, and the A/T P light all came on. I pulled over and was confused. I turned the car off and back on. The lights were still on. When I tried to shift out of park, it wouldn’t move. I sat for a while, cutting the car off and on and it still wouldn’t move. My brother told me to put my key in the hole near the gears and finally I was able to shift. When I hit a u-turn to turnaround, the GX jerked a couple of times in the process as if I were pressing on the brakes. I was able to make it home, but when I started to back in, I couldn’t shift again. After several tries it went into reverse but I noticed screeching when backing up. I took a risk by driving it halfway down the block. I threw it in reverse again and after two tries it shifted to reverse and the screeching was there and even louder than before. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Check your transfer case lever. That A/T P light is normally meant to indicate you’re trying to shift the transfer case while in Park instead of Neutral. I’ve never read about this in a gx but it has popped up in the 80 series.

I wonder if those lights are associated with your air injection system. Check your stored codes.

Best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom