transmission issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Strange issue today in my 08 lx. Backed out of someones driveway onto a fairly steep road. Put it in drive and it rolled backwards and wouldn't go forward. Shifted back to neutral then to drive again while on the brakes. It started rolling backwards again and then let out a loud beeping sound and finally started going forward. No indicator lights anywhere came on that I saw.

Really concerned that something is up with the transmission now. Other then some occasional hard shifts I haven't really noticed any other issues with it. I already have atf fluid and new filter in the garage as I been planning on flushing it.

The beeping is just the ABS and TC getting angry that it rolls backwards and is asked to go forwards. I live on a hill and this happens to me when I’m stupid and in a rush. That having been said I’ve never had the shift not work as you describe.

I was hoping to hear the beeping was something normal....thanks. I wonder if I just needed to give it more gas as I was pretty gentle on the gas at first and was surprised it wasn't going forward so quickly braked.

And sometimes you hear something that sounds like a giant spring going "boing" and "click,click click"..... it doesn't sound right, but apparently it is! :cool:

Just a follow up on the transmission - it does look like this issue happens periodically and seems normal under the right conditions.

I did do a full flush on the transmission and it cleared up the hard shifts. Now that it is cold though, I do see the rpms spike when shifting into reverse after sitting for a couple days. This is after letting that initial startup surge come back down to normal. If I just let the truck warm up for a couple minutes then go into reverse it is fine. Not sure if I should be worried or not?? I have had issues in my other vehicle with the torque converting going bad causing a similar issue.

My 08LX does the same RPM spike going into gear for the first time on a cold morning. That's the only time is when it's cold as you describe. I am not to concerned with it. I'll try to see if the '16 does it next time I'm in it. I know both like to take off like a damn catapult in the morning at idle. The 5.7 can definitely move itself at idle. :hillbilly:

Strange issue today in my 08 lx. Backed out of someones driveway onto a fairly steep road. Put it in drive and it rolled backwards and wouldn't go forward. Shifted back to neutral then to drive again while on the brakes. It started rolling backwards again and then let out a loud beeping sound and finally started going forward. No indicator lights anywhere came on that I saw.

Really concerned that something is up with the transmission now. Other then some occasional hard shifts I haven't really noticed any other issues with it. I already have atf fluid and new filter in the garage as I been planning on flushing it.
well I had same experience in San Francisco going up hill stooped then going forward car start rolling back, but I had my "2nd start engaged " you know to start from second gear I turned that off and no problem. by ant wild guess you have 2nd ON?

My 2010 has been acting crazy when cold. Not related to hills but when it is cold it spikes when put into gear but then also revs up and down repeatedly at certain rpms, 1500-2000ish. It is really bizarre and obnoxious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom