Transmission hump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took my beat up carpets out of my 71, and saw that the previous owner at some time just cut the crap out of and really hacked up the T-hump to get the floor shifts in. Went to Specter to get a new or used one, and saw they had a fiberglass model for years 72 through 78. I bought a used 71 T-hump from them, and it has no holes in it, so this is good for me since I'll be putting a new tranny in soon and can cut the correct hole size. Did the 71 only come with a shift on the tree, and went with a floor shift in 72? Thanks

M

Thats what I did on my '71 when I converted to a floor shifter from the tree shifter. Just cut the hole and been good ever since. Really need a 4 speed now though...

pretty sure that at least some of the '72s had the column shift.
mine (3/72) was converted to a floor shift at some point in the past...

malphrus

IIRC, the 71fj40 was the last year that came with the column shift. You could have ordered an LC from the factory with a floorshift before that, but most came with the column shift.

IIRC, the 71fj40 was the last year that came with the column shift. You could have ordered an LC from the factory with a floorshift before that, but most came with the column shift.

hmm...i guess i am mistaken then. good to know, thanks mark.

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom