Transferflow or Toyota 38 Gallon? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2916 Tundra TRD Pro and I need more gas to pull my travel trailer. I know the Transferflow (46 gallons) tank and parts list for $1,859.22, $175 to have it shipped, or would cost about $500 to have it installed.

I read the post on installing the 38 gallon Toyota tank (thank you)! Because I am a "Noobie" the site would not allow me to ask the author questions, like ...

1) Would I have to notch or weld crossmembers since I have a 2016?
2) I think you said the tank was discontinued, but when I googled it I could add it to a cart. Maybe they started selling it again?
3) What was the overall cost for the project (including the skid plate)? Would the cost be anywhere near the Transferflow price?
4) Has anyone else tried this tank switch since he posted? If so, do you have any additional advice?

I am not a mechanic but can usually figure things out. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer me.

I believe the 38g tank had costs (approx $$) w/ PN#’s - Your later 2nd gen IIRC was either 1st or 2nd yr that tank was optional, no mods needed AFAIK.

Take your time & study the write-up - I want to say it answered all questions really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom