Tranny/transfer gear options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been thinking about gear options. I think I want a little more crawl. Currently I have 700r4 np205 and 4.11s. If everything is stock I have a crawl ratio of 24.9:1.

So I see the option of using a doubler like a np203, or a strong box type. I would need to move the cross member and get new drive shafts. Plus figuring where ever all the levers end up. The positive is that I will retain the road manners. Right now in overdrive I do 1800 rpms at 65 mph.

The next idea was to go to an sm465 or nv4500. For the work I would go nv4500 for the overdrive. If I get and earlier nv4500 the first gear is 6.34 vs the 3.06 I have now. That would be more than doubling the ratio. Plus the OD is close to the 700r4 final.

So this is where all the experts on here come in. First off, what is easier in your mind and what have I not thought of. The price is a factor of course but I think I can subsidize the cost by selling the tranny and shifter I have now. I'm kind of leaning towards the nv4500 but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom