Tranny Bit The Dust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Their are two independant Toyota mechanics here in San Diego area who I go to occasionally. Both of them mentioned the exhaust manifolds leaking as the only "problem" they have seen on these vehicles.

I've got a good feeling about this one (knocking on wood), especially since my $$ is sitting on the floor of the garage right now in the form of modifications.

So it better not go out or I'm doing the credit thing:eek:

trout said:
This is raising some concern for my 2000 LC. I have seen a couple of other threads re: tranny problems but could not get a good sense of how common the problem is.

Any of you guys got a good feel ?

I've only seen one or two tranny problems mentioned on this board in the past seven months. If you are concerned, go ahead and drain the transmission fluid and inspect the magnet on the drain plug for metal filings. There shouldn't be much more than a little fine metal paste on the magent. Be sure the fluid isn't burnt either.

Reassuring to hear the feedback. I will do an inspection on the plug and probably go ahead and do a flush and fill while I am at it.

I did experience the leaking exhaust manifolds a couple of months ago and recently replaced the drivers side manifold. I wasn't as bad as I thought $600 including labor at the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom