Trails? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Wondering if anyone is up for some wheeling this weekend (or another)? I'd like to head back up to Cowichan Lake area to explore more of the trails I found.

According to the current outdoor COVID regulations we can have up to 10 people. COVID-19 province-wide restrictions - https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions?bcgovtm=20210311_GCPE_Vizeum_COVID___Google_Search_BCGOV_EN_BC__Text

Vehicles would need at least 32" good condition MT/AT tires and a ~2" lift. Well maintained, working 4x4, and some recovery gear also... Expect west coast pin striping as the trails are tight. Cruisers only please....and lets keep it sober (while driving).

I'm interested. I should be around as well.

You had me at good tires, mine are torn all over the side walls, hdj81 should be on the road soon, need to order my RCV axles and flanges to along with my brakes all around. Have fun

@audaciousduo & @PeeZed do you have a preference for Saturday or Sunday?

@OTBT no this is not an overnighter. Although I know a few people are interested in having one of those too and have been thinking of some potential options. Just been waiting on the COVID situation I think.

@Diesel Cruiserman Your tires are that bad? Would have been good to have you along.

I’m in the same boat as Diesel.

Was pumping up a flat on my truck the other day and found this slash in the sidewall, no idea how that happened but I guess I’m buying tires also.
AAC6B251-A920-4676-8D52-F5EB8522F9F5.jpeg

I’m in the same boat as Diesel.

Was pumping up a flat on my truck the other day and found this slash in the sidewall, no idea how that happened but I guess I’m buying tires also.
View attachment 2686637

I got a set of good condition 32s you can borrow if you want to come....

Thats a generous offer, thank you but my tire issue was mostly an excuse. hah! I mean i am not going to drive on that, I plan to buy new tires next week. Really im just having too much fun around the house.
3B14E44E-E459-4017-A6C6-8E8228895B41.jpeg

We don’t have the daughter this weekend, she has a minor interest in geology when you can pull her away from the electronics. Someday I would love take her and go see the Rhodonite with you.

Thats a generous offer, thank you but my tire issue was mostly an excuse. hah! I mean i am not going to drive on that, I plan to buy new tires next week. Really im just having too much fun around the house.
View attachment 2686773
We don’t have the daughter this weekend, she has a minor interest in geology when you can pull her away from the electronics. Someday I would love take her and go see the Rhodonite with you.

Hey Steve, yeah, I figured, haha. Thought I'd just give you a little jab. And sure, lets hit the Rhodonite mine sometime when it works for you. I'd live to pick away up there more again. I read up more on what I was supposed to look for, and know better where to find it now. Would be a fun trip.

OK, lets make this trip Saturday. Normally we'd meet at a coffee shop, but that would be out of the way for at least one of us as we're all coming from different directions. So how about we just meet at Hill 60 FSR at 9:00am: 48°47'51.7"N 123°53'04.1"W · Lake Cowichan, BC V0R 2G1, Canada - https://goo.gl/maps/ExhHzB1wy57cPPx17

If you guys prefer a different time/day, let me know.

I have a number of options in mind as to where we can go, and we can discuss more in person. Or here....

Meeting outside of Lake Cowichan will be wise tomorrow as there are conflictual protests happening from and by both sides of the Fairy Creek Old Growth issue. It may very well be that Rcmp set up roadblocks to ask what people business is coming into town.
Unless I hear otherwise, I’ll see

:)

Might spin out for something to do if we get up early enough.

Don't wait tho. Might sleep in too haha

It'd just be to shoot the s***. I feel like the s*** has got off easy the last year.

What with no one shooting it. :cautious::shifty:

Might spin out for something to do if we get up early enough.

Don't wait tho. Might sleep in too haha

It'd just be to shoot the s***. I feel like the s*** has got off easy the last year.

What with no one shooting it. :cautious::shifty:

Sounds good. Would be cool to BS for a bit in the morning if you make it out. I bet you're headed to the logging protests eh? :lol: JK.

Audaciousduo has been called into work so has sent his regrets. PeeZed and I are still on as far as I know, but he'll be a few minutes late. I had a crap sleep, so should be there as long as I don't drive off the road from exhaustion on the way.

We had a great day. Did a loop from Hill 60 up to Rhodonite mine, down to Chemainus river, and back to Hill 60 a different way. Ended up doing a lot of trails (which I didn't take pictures of as too busy driving). Had to do some road repairs of sketchy spots to complete a logging road short cut. Nice lunch at the river which I forgot to take pictures of. Passed through a number of old tank traps to get to the trail back to Hill 60. Found some real Rhodonite this time. Here are some of the pictures I took. They don't do any justice to how good the day was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom