Trails in Roosevelt area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.

I am heading out to your neck of the woods next week. I am staying in Paradise Park which is off of Stove Prairie Road just south of Rist Canyon Road. I am going to be there for a week before I head out to the Buena Vista area. I know that there are 4x4 trails in the area but I am not sure which ones would be OK to try solo? Was wondering if any of you could point me to a couple to try out before I meet up with another rig in Buena Vista.

Thanks for any advice!

Traildamage.com is your best resource.

You should also check out the Canyon lakes ranger district on the USFS website to check which roads are open (I believe most are, but there are still a few closures). The USFS site also has a detailed map of all roads in the area. Some are on trail damage.

Some good options close to you are Moody Hill and Seven mile. If you are looking for more of a challenge there is Kelley Flats, not sure if you would want to tackle that one solo.

I would have pointed you towards Old Flowers Road since that is right by where you are staying, but I am not sure it has reopened after the fires last year.

Thanks for the reply. In all my time looking on the internet I have never ran across traildamage.com. Looks to be a great resource for trail info. After checking out Moody Hill and Seven Mile I am thinking I will have to give them a try.

Thanks again!

Mike

Thanks for the reply. In all my time looking on the internet I have never ran across traildamage.com. Looks to be a great resource for trail info. After checking out Moody Hill and Seven Mile I am thinking I will have to give them a try.

Thanks again!

Mike

if you go let me know ill go :)

Same here... if you head out on the weekend I need to get my new (to me) LX450 out on a real trail!

Moody Hill and Crystal Mountain will be two that are really close by the area you are referring to. I would be glad to show you if it is on the weekend of 7/12-13.

I might be game for a Saturday run, let me know.

Wish I had Internet where I am staying. I would have liked to met up with you guys. I might try and do Moody Hill on Sunday. I am itching to get off the pavement.

If any of you want to go in the morning (Sunday) text me at

nine one three 207 8242.

Phone signal sucks but I can receive texts. If I stand on my right foot, hold aluminum foil in my teeth and put a metal coat hanger in my ear I can text back.

Sorry we missed you, I can't make it back up today. Moody solo is no problem, there is typically a bunch of other rigs on that trail on the weekends too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom