Trail Team Edition Q&A (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
theshealys.com
I would like a thread for the TTE folks to talk about things related to just to the TTE.

I would like to know if anyone is running 33" tires on a stock setup? how bad does it rub? and what is the tire size?

Another question is how much lift does the TTE have over non TTE?

Is there more than one TTUE on here?

From what I gather the TTUE is just a touch higher in the front...i.e.- not as much rake, but there is definitely some. Essentially are just the Bilstein 6112 series struts / shocks

Tire size will be dictated by the body mounts and UCAs just like any other FJ out there. 285/75/16 is generally all you are going to fit stock or lifted unless you chop the body mounts.

Is there more than one TTUE on here?

From what I gather the TTUE is just a touch higher in the front...i.e.- not as much rake, but there is definitely some. Essentially are just the Bilstein 6112 series struts / shocks

Tire size will be dictated by the body mounts and UCAs just like any other FJ out there. 285/75/16 is generally all you are going to fit stock or lifted unless you chop the body mounts.

Are you saying there is a difference in shocks from TTE to TTUE?

I've always thought the difference between TTE's and regular FJCs was primarily 16 " wheels, trim, paint, and price ... aren't the underpinnings virtually the same ...

I've always thought the difference between TTE's and regular FJCs was primarily 16 " wheels, trim, paint, and price ... aren't the underpinnings virtually the same ...

I'm pretty sure there is some lift there and it might only be in the front. With the 16" rims it comes with 32" tires opposed to 31". I have a heavy duty aluminum front skid.

I thought this was about TTUEs compared to all other FJs...regular and TT. winnie is referring to TTs prior to 2014. I think WES is referring to the 2014 TTUE no?

As far as a TT prior to 2014 the springs are the same as any 4x4 FJ. They have Bilstein shocks but that doesnt change ride height at all. You get the same Bilstein shocks with the "Offroad Package" The Trail Teams package has really mostly been about looks for all years prior to 2014 with the TTUE.

Tires are essentially the same diameter. A 265/75/16 is inherently larger than a 265/70/17 but they are "the same" as far as talking about stock tire size.

I guess if you

I assumed the TTE was the same as TTUE(lift size), so comparing all of them is good to know. Before this FJ I have hardly seen one close up.

Last edited:
Ah gotcha. The TTUE is certainly much more special compared to all prior "Special Editions"

The only other one that has something, even yours doesnt is the 2008TT. It came with a big ol rear bumper skid. Pretty pointless, but it was there nonetheless

OK, I'll post what i measure on the TTUE.
Front from ground to flare is 35 1/4"

front_1.jpg

Front from top of tire to flare approximately 5 3/8"

Rear from top of tire to flare approximately 6 3/8"

I'll probably do some full flex measurements later on to the closest points.

i have a TTUE. it is a bit higher than most stock FJCs i have seen.. i thought it was just because of the bilsteens?

ah.. yes.. still learning my suspention.

WES1977-nice!! you made the awning!? i was thinking of buying one. what did you use??

WES1977-nice!! you made the awning!? i was thinking of buying one. what did you use??

It's a steel square tube with two steel pipe extensions that fit tight to each other. The tarp Is a heavy duty walmart one. The extensions are pined in the out position. The tarp is rolled up on a pvc pipe with notches on the ends to keep the extensions spread. The tarp and pvc are stored inside. The square tube is U-bolted to the roof rack. The Tarp has loose tie wraps on the eyelets that I slide on to the extensions and when I put the pvc in place it spreads and tightens the tarp.

wp_20140708_005-jpg.915295

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom