Trail Rig Candidate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you coulnt get that in colorado for $450.
that would prolly bring $1000.-$1200. out here

buy it!!!

Ranski said:
As for a tranny swap, is this a fairly straight foward thing to do or does it require some fancy fabrication and a lot of technical expertise.

I'll probably be calling Marlin tomorrow to pick their brain on the tranny swap and what they offer for Auto's

Marlin will probably need to know exactly which auto is in the truck. I don't think they were all the same.

You'll need a bellhousing, tranny, t-case, shifters,flywheel,clutch,pressure plate,swing pedels, hard lines,clutch slave, and mounting hardware. Probably not too complex, but quite a bit of work and some $$.

2badfjs said:
you coulnt get that in colorado for $450.
that would prolly bring $1000.-$1200. out here

buy it!!!

Upper midwest trucks have a lot more rust issues than Colorado rigs. Most of the early Toyotas that have spent their lives in that area are only good for parts (engine, drivetrain).

Bob

Well as I was sitting at my computer last night emailing Chris about the engine and surfing Pirate, my wife Caroline states "...have you bought that Truck yet". Not believeing what I'm hearing I said "Uhhhh...I guess so".

So after much deliberation, I'm about to embark on a project I probably have no business taking on, but hey, you guys got my back...RIGHT?

Now I have to find a time to get up there and pick it up.

Thanks for all your input

Randy

Way to go Randy. :bounce: I'm sure there will be lots of people willing to help. Count me in.

Hey Scott.

This also means the KC Climbing Club will need a new President since I won't have enough time to work on the 4Runner and run the club.

You interested in taking over :bounce: :grinpimp: :beer:

And so it begins......

My wife was all for me buying the mini as well....

She became a little less enthusiastic after I spent about 3 months worth of weekends in the garage working on it. :frown:

Let us know when you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom