Trail ride thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey folks.... When's the next ride? Ready to go now that the 60's running again!

Anybody interested in going to Stoney or hawk pride after our meeting on the 12th? Other places would be ok, these are just the first two that came to mind.

Bumping this to the official Trail Ride thread going forward.

Someone make it a sticky please!

Next ride is with STLCA and GA Cruisers on Jan 28th at AOP. Bring your rig and a lunch to have some fun!

Another chance to ride: FEB JAM Not sure I'll be going but thought I'd let everyone know.

Oh, and deer season is about to end. Y'all let me know if there is any interest in checking out Skyline WMA in between deer and turkey like we did last year.

And, Pics from AOP Ride last Sturday if anyone is interested. Jason's: https://goo.gl/photos/KywKHoV5BLt7oQ3H9, mine, AOP, 01-28-17 - Google Drive

Ended up going to Hale Mtn today. We need to have a club ride there, it is fun place. Don't have a lot of pics, but a few are attached.

There were a TON of people there today, but there are enough trails that it didn't feel too crowded at all. Ended up towing out a jeep with broken drive shafts before I left for the day. Always fun when that happens :)

IMG_4292.JPG

IMG_4300.JPG

IMG_4299.JPG

Got me an awesome hoodie too!

IMG_4303.JPG

Ended up going to Hale Mtn today. We need to have a club ride there, it is fun place. Don't have a lot of pics, but a few are attached.

There were a TON of people there today, but there are enough trails that it didn't feel too crowded at all. Ended up towing out a jeep with broken drive shafts before I left for the day. Always fun when that happens :)

View attachment 1395589

View attachment 1395587

View attachment 1395586

Got me an awesome hoodie too!

View attachment 1395588

Have you broken the seal on those third members yet?

Not yet, but will soon. Wasn't ready to sideline the 60 just yet.

Skyline WMA this weekend....Who's interested in going? About an hour to get over there from Huntsville. Wide trails and a few creek crossings, good scenery and trails on the easy end of the scale. Some pics from last year are below.

So far, me and @Datajockeys are probably going. We haven't worked out the logistics yet. though...

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0232.JPG

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

Sunday is going to be the best weather it looks like!

I am thinking about bringing the camp stove and some brats. Y'all interested in a little cookout on the trail?

Looks like it, Saturday is supposed to be overcast, ~30% chance of rain. Sunday sunny and 66 deg.

I just talked the Mrs into going. Where are we meeting? Time?

I'd like to show off my Kelly Kettle. Makes hot water from local biomass.

Haven't decided yet, any opinions? Probably would be good to meet on east 72 somewhere (there is a mapco that is easy to find), and should probably aim to head out 8 or 9-ish.

Ok, Sunday it is. Let's meet at 0900 at the Mapco at the corner of Hwy 72 East and Moore's Mill Rd. It's on the right as you leave Huntsville and come down Chapman Mountain headed toward Scottsboro

Sorry fellas! I'ma a Lew Sir.
I promise to be better. I could brought the dog on this trip, and working at a bank... I have tomorrow OFF! Gotta love our presidents...

Another chance to ride.... Events Calendar This is the SFWDA Meet and Ride on March 18th at Hale Mountain.

The RCRC guys invited us along and I think several of the STLCA group will be there as well.

Another chance to ride.... Events Calendar This is the SFWDA Meet and Ride on March 18th at Hale Mountain.

The RCRC guys invited us along and I think several of the STLCA group will be there as well.

Anyone going to this? I think Merrick and I will head that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom