Trail Cleanup Project on Saran Wrap and Eagle Rock October 19th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Everyone is invited to participate in the trail cleanup project this weekend on Saran Wrap/Eagle Rock.

We'll meet at the Safeway grocery store parking lot at 8am on Saturday morning, October 19th
Depart Safeway at 0830 and travel up Gold Camp/Old Stage Road to the intersection of Eagle Rock
Based on the number of attendees, we'll task-organize to smaller groups to tackle the litter cleanup

Weather forecast is for partly cloudy, low 40* and high 60*
Recommended: bring snacks/water, sunscreen and a hat, and gloves suitable for trash removal

The club is supplying trash bags

Following cleanup, we might run an easy road, e.g. Frosty Park (aka FS Road 379). Those who want to run Saran Wrap and/or Eagle Rock are welcome to do so!

Man, I am a little slow. I am out this weekend and probably through November. I should be good for the December Christmas Tree run though.

Josh

Reactions: SAS
I just saw this... I've got plans already, but next trail clean-up I'll be sure to put space on my calendar. Looking forward to meeting up with some local land cruiser guys. Especially once when something breaks...

Reactions: SAS
Good time on Saturday, thanks to all who came out to pitch in! We made a big difference by bagging lots of trash from the meadow on Eagle Rock, the trailhead on FS Road 370 (Gold Camp) and along Saran Wrap. Nine bags of trash in total, and by my tally 56 volunteer hours!

We ran Saran Wrap from west side to east side; the ruts are much deeper all along the road compared to my last trip up there.

20191019_122615.jpg

20191019_123314.jpg

20191019_123321.jpg

20191019_124122.jpg

20191019_124138.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom