TPMS 16" LC Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RoguesPierre

SILVER Star
Threads
I wanted to change my 18" 06 LX470 wheels for 16". I found a good deal on 5 LC Wheels with low mileage BFG's but didn't really think it through since I didn't/don't understand TPMS. I thought I got a good deal on those until I got a ridiculous quote $85/ea to install the sensors, balance & program. I hadn't realized they needed to be programmed. This started me trying to do the research I should have done before I got the wheels. The question(s) I'm left with though since these wheels weren't designed for TPMS: will my Denso TPMS fit in these rims? I'm assuming not since the rims have the traditional rubber valve stem & the sensors have an metal stem which is integral to the TPMS. Is there an alternative TPMS I can use? I've seen TPMS that seems to have a traditional valve stem?

If they mark which location they come from like RF, LF, RR, LR then no reprograming would need to be done.....

Yes your sensors will fit. They also should use a service kit new orings and valve core during that exchange as well.

If they mark which location they come from like RF, LF, RR, LR then no reprograming would need to be done.....

Yes your sensors will fit. They also should use a service kit new orings and valve core during that exchange as well.

Thanks.

Thanks, for the help, that's a relief.

Does your LX give you individual readouts of the tire pressures of each wheel? My 06 LC does not, it simply turns on the tpms light when it senses one is low.

If your LX is the same way, then it doesnt matter which sensor goes in which wheel. As long as you are using all your original sensors you dont need any programming either.

$85 per wheel is outrageous! I'm guessing you got this quote from major tire chain? Maybe try to find a small local tire shop. I just got 5 tires installed for less than half the price I was quoted by a large tire chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom