Toys for Tots / Badlands 2010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First snow wheelin', definately awesome!

Having missed Redbird it seemed a long time comin'. Although, Tony did hook me up with the day of wheelin' his woods when we picked up the new project.

Got home at 10 this morning...

Left with Goebs about 11am Sunday, dropped him and his trailer/40 off at his home and then we headed north in the 'burban...pulled into our drive about 4pm. Warmed the DMax, then took Heather to get her truck, hooked the gooseneck, brought that home, loaded the 'burban, kissed Heather goodbye, nabbed a couple pizza slices, and left the house about 5:20pm.

Arrived at Goeb's about 8:15 I believe, dropped the 'burban, and continued on. Arrived in Attica IN at 11:15p central time, left Attica IN at 11:30p central time with the 80 loaded. Continued thru Indiana, up 394/94 and onto 41 North (no tolls, and at that time of the nite/morning, no traffic)...pulled into a big gas station around 2:15a, grabbed my +5 sleeping bag and climbed into the camper for a nap (wrapped in two other sleeping bags too)

Awoke at 7am to single digit temps and a cold nose. Got up, threw down some nasty coffee, and pulled into my drive at 10a this morning.

Thanks to Jon and Todd for getting the RZR to Chicagoland...unsure it would have squeezed onto the goose with the 80 and the camper loaded.

I need a nap.

WOW!

I was sure the 80 was going to be up and running before Trent and I got out of Attica Sat.

Damn Brian, that's one hell of an adventure. Make sure you post up what the issue with the 80 is/was when it gets figured out.

Yeah, Darrel has a new found interest for all things 80 related.

BTW Woody, that really didn't help the sale any!:flipoff2:

The RZR is enjoying a comfy warm garage. It's been talking to the pig. I don't think it wants to leave.

You know what happens when you turn off the lights, and that poor little defensless RZR is left to the mercy of the PIG...... how could you do that to that poor thing.

Got home at 10 this morning...

Left with Goebs about 11am Sunday, dropped him and his trailer/40 off at his home and then we headed north in the 'burban...pulled into our drive about 4pm. Warmed the DMax, then took Heather to get her truck, hooked the gooseneck, brought that home, loaded the 'burban, kissed Heather goodbye, nabbed a couple pizza slices, and left the house about 5:20pm.

Arrived at Goeb's about 8:15 I believe, dropped the 'burban, and continued on. Arrived in Attica IN at 11:15p central time, left Attica IN at 11:30p central time with the 80 loaded. Continued thru Indiana, up 394/94 and onto 41 North (no tolls, and at that time of the nite/morning, no traffic)...pulled into a big gas station around 2:15a, grabbed my +5 sleeping bag and climbed into the camper for a nap (wrapped in two other sleeping bags too)

Awoke at 7am to single digit temps and a cold nose. Got up, threw down some nasty coffee, and pulled into my drive at 10a this morning.

Thanks to Jon and Todd for getting the RZR to Chicagoland...unsure it would have squeezed onto the goose with the 80 and the camper loaded.

I need a nap.

sounds awful. Should have stayed the night at Jeffs.

My 4runner is no tow rig, thats for sure! With a terrible head/cross wind, and OD on, things were unhappy. Drafting Todd and OD off, no problem. In fact my trans was only running about 115*....which is way colder than I prefer, but better than hot. No 20mpg thats for sure. :lol:

dang, woody, your adventure home was ....well.....quite an adventure.

took me 3 hours to drive home, roads were a little frozen, slick on Saturday night

As a side note, I don't know what Jimmy drank, but I don't ever want any.....

Hope you feel better by tech day, Jimmy.
Never seen anyone able to puke 3 times his body weight & still be alive.

Late night (early morning) walk to the IGA for old pre-packaged samiches is now going to be a part of my TfT tradition. Jeremy, you in?

Really nice pics Trent. I didn't see the flop happen but your pics showed exactly how it went down.

Thanks for the pics Trent! Those shots finally made Eric's flop make sense to me. This is the first event that i have missed in years and I really regret it. A conflagration of events at work came together in a perfect storm to deny me this year.

I will say that it appears that I missed a hell of a party which may have been for the best overall! If I was there we might have done some serious damage to Jimmy. I had some after reports from Redbird about events I had no recollection of whatsoever :grinpimp:. I heard that I had a good time though.:p

Yea gret pics, I too really hate that I missed the fun. If the wife would just go ahead and get a second full time job, I could quit mine then I'd never have to miss a wheeling event because of work again. So far she doesn't seem too hip on the idea. But I'll keep trying.

Mark

I'll try that "wife with 2 full time jobs" thing on my wife too......If I can get it to work out I'll let ya know Mark

Damn Brian, that's one hell of an adventure. Make sure you post up what the issue with the 80 is/was when it gets figured out.

At this rate, doubt I'll get it fixed. Probably just going to tow it to a shop and let them deal with it.

None of the checks thus far has fixed it.

At this rate, doubt I'll get it fixed. Probably just going to tow it to a shop and let them deal with it.

None of the checks thus far has fixed it.

I still would like to hear what the shop says, wrench snob :flipoff2:

I would've put money on water in the dizzy.

BTW - How long did the Christmas candy last?:D