Toys for Tots - 2008 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
November and December are the months for our Annual Toys for Tots Drive in conjunction with the US Marines. Club Members decided to ask everyone to bring a toy(s) to the Annual Event this Saturday. PLEASE HELP!!

Hope to see everyone Saturday - It should be another great event! Good luck you everyone for the raffle. Remember to buy your raffle tickets early and often.:)

Jim Dahlquist for the Georgia Cruisers BOD
2008 Membership Chairman

We did have a lot collected for the kids. In fact, I have a 4x4 foot box that is full now!
If you can, bring more toys to the next meeting and we'll put them in the box. Thanks everyone for all you do.
Hilery

Our Toys for Tots run has been confirmed with the Marines for December 6th at the Varsity downtown between 10 and 11 AM. Start buying toys and planning to come.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.
I also wanted to remind everyone that we have a week before we meet for the Toys for Tots at the Varsity. So if you happened to have bought toys or want to contribute funds to get toys, please bring it to the next meeting. Patrick and I will be shopping for toys next friday.

If you can't make it to the meeting or the varisty and would like to donate something please let me know and we can figure out a way to meet up.
thanks
Hilery

Toys for Tots Event - This Saturday, December 06, 2008. Meet at the Downtown Varsity for a photo shoot with the truck and toys around 9:30 - 10:00. The Marines should be there to pick up the toys shortly therafter.

Please try to attend this event, and help some needy kids. We need everyone to participate. Hope to see you there.

Jim Dahlquist - 2008 Membership Chairman

I thought we were meeting for 10:30, isn't that what was said at the meeting on Tues?
Patrick

The marines are scheduled are arrive between 10 and 11 AM. So any time between then should be good.

Can anyone from the area join in the fun or do I have to be a member? I just saw this thread and was curious.

Thanks!

Mat

Anyone can join in on the fun. It's all for the kids.

Hope to see you Sat.

Hilery

Thanks! So what kind of toy(s) do I need to bring? Anything I can do to help out.

It doesn't matter. I know that we have collected a lot for the 4 to 13 year old group. I;m getting some baby type toys and some older teen toys.
It's what ever you feel like.
I don't know if that helps or not, but maybe some of the other memebers have some good ideas.

Here are the pics I took (I hope!!) I couldn't get the slideshow to work but the pics display. I think they are "improving" FlickR. Great turnout!! Thanks Everyone!! Brian

Toys for Tots 2008 - a set on Flickr

Last edited:
Had a great time. The Georgia Cruisers did us all proud this year. had 15 rigs and about 25 people. I met a few more members I haven't had the privilege of meeting yet as well. Also gave a lot of kids toy, the Marine was pretty cool too. Thanks for your sacrifices :clap:

Oh, DD's 40 does exist thought it's like a ghost. did you see that, mmmh, not sure, Yea! It's Dave's 40. Dave glad to see you figured out how to use the heater.

PICS

P1040651small.JPG
P1040651small.JPG

At least I'm wearing it in style! It's very functional too. Note the flaps protecting my ears and the back of my neck. It takes a "real man" to pull this off in style......None of those sissy paper hats for me. Ted your are just jealous cause you didn't think of this first. Real men driving real trucks don't have heaters that work in their rigs. Girly men have heaters and ac in their girly trucks.

At least I'm wearing it in style! It's very functional too. Note the flaps protecting my ears and the back of my neck. It takes a "real man" to pull this off in style......None of those sissy paper hats for me. Ted your are just jealous cause you didn't think of this first. Real men driving real trucks don't have heaters that work in their rigs. Girly men have heaters and ac in their girly trucks.

Typical politician, you have now entered the into the spin zone. You will have a long and healthy career. 2 boxes up! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom