Toyotapartsdriect.ca questions??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

stevebradford

In the shop
Threads
So I was planning or ordering a thermostat and gasket and rad cap. My first question is these part numbers arnt the two part Toyota numbers I'm used to
IMG_2217.PNG
The numbers I'm used to look like this
IMG_0708.JPG
My second question is why do they list the same item with the same number for different prices and no differing description?
IMG_2218.PNG

Thanks guys

Ok how do I know which one of the two is the right one for me?

try Amayama.com or megazip.com
Magazip has diagrams that will help you figure out the correct vehicle.
Or you could just call Toyota and give them both part numbers and and tell
them what truck/engine you have and see what they say.

Yeah I'm no computer wiz and that site leaves me with more questions than answers!

IMG_2219.PNG
Megazip.com looks to have the same issues for me too manny options same numbers and no descriptions.
IMG_2220.PNG

When an item is opened it dosent give you any more info about the differences or model.

Those I'm assuming Toyota part numbers all four of them fall under that company's one part number even though the price is different?

Last edited:
If I'm calling the dealership about part numbers by the time I hold their hand for half an hour while we figure it out I might as well just get the parts there haha

Not sure about the other sites mentioned, but I order all my JDM stuff from partsouq.com (can do NA vehicles too) you can search by you Vin number on there and it will just give you the 1 correct part number for your truck. For a smaller order though, I'd still try to source closer to home and avoid the duty/exchange/brokerage BS, but at least you will have the p/n.

I've ordered from Megazip a couple of times. They ship japanpost and it usually is pretty reasonable,
takes 5-7 actual days including weekend. They shipped on a Thursday, I got it by Tuesday.

Toyotapartsdirect is very good as well if you want to keep it local. Good prices and quick shipping, Watson and Phil aim to please. If you can't find the part number on their site, just email it and they will add it to the system within 24 hours.

It took a bit to figure out the diagrams but I've had good luck with Toyotapartsdirect as well. I've received 4 or 5 orders in the past year and a half. The cost of shipping doesn't seem to be much different whether it's a gasket or a bumper so I wait until I need several items.

So I had a successful order from them. Very happy! Now I'm thinking of replacing the front window. They stock it for 430$ and the gasket for 120$. Has anybody ordered a window from them? Or have a better place to go? Local Toyota wants something like 1200 just for the glass.

Seems sketchy to ship a window.. but I guess it's done all the time.

Last edited:
They will not ship glass and you'll be hard pressed to find someone who will besides your friendly overpriced dealer.

you can get glass from most windshield shops last one I bought in Kelowna paid $360 AND 120 for the gasket

you can get glass from most windshield shops last one I bought in Kelowna paid $360 AND 120 for the gasket

Yes and be careful of what you pay for. The industry is flooded with poor quality DOT563 Chinese glass. Wavy, distortions, poor or no tint bands if equipped. It's what the glass shops are supplied with so they install it. Be careful to look through that glass at the same angle and height you would look through it in your vehicle, look side to side and at an angle.
I will tell you I went through this very experience and you would be surprised what insurance claims is acceptable for NAGS glass.

I should add, you might be told there is no such thing as a perfect windshield, and this is true. But....for aftermarket garbage, when headlights at night are coming at you, or the rains are pouring at night and you can't see a thing from the refraction, blur and distortion you will remember this. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom