ToyotaPartsDeal.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dmaddox

SILVER Star
Threads
I placed two orders, a 28.00 order (some stuff I forgot) and a nearly 1600$ order (includes 235$ of shipping).

I went to my local Toyota dealer and the same parts list was about 1900, so I was saving a few hundred dollars.

My 28 dollar order (small parts, springs, rear diff gasket) came within a week, but in unmarked bags. I was hoping for genuine Toyota parts numbers/stamps. But the items were in just clear plastic bags.

Whatever......I guess.

Another week goes by. I get a "back order, waiting on Toyota for parts".

Another week goes by. "Order update, expect delay's as we re-order from Toyota".

Another week goes by. "We will be shipping your order today".

Another week goes by. "Here are your tracking numbers". (never activated)

Another week goes by. I call in (again). "Oh, let us see why FedEx isn't picking up your order". Really? Blame lazy ol' FedEx for not picking up the order???

Another week goes by. I call in (again, this morning). "We have not heard back from FedEx. Let me call them now and I'll call you right back." That was four hours ago.

Awesome service. Not sure what will come in the mail. Aftermarket, OEM, an old football helmet, who knows.

My luck is the worst lately. I should have just paid the extra 300$ at Toyota and been done.

I will never order from ToyotaPartsDeals.com again. I did, because they seemed reputable, good feedback, and I loved their website. Good parts numbers references, etc..

Better yet - the cranky ladies you talk to when you call in (ok, it IS Monday morning so I'll give them some slack) blame you for everything, and if not you, the shipping company - then put you on hold for long periods of time.

Go to Toyota, a trustworthy mud member, or a reputable online retailer.

Anyone else had sketchy experience with them?

I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts from them over the last few years. I cant recall ever having an issue. I dont think I have ever spoken with anyone over the phone. I find their site updated with "discontinued" parts accurate. I have had some items slow to ship, but we are talking about old cars.

Parts are usually bagged and labeled, but not always with small stuff like screws. I find it a good idea to keep notes on what I order and when an order comes in write on it where it goes!

If I have one or two small cheap parts I will order from local dealer and save shipping. Sucks you had a problem, as they have saved me a ton over the years.

UPDATE: They have finally shipped my parts - tracking numbers have been updated. While it has been almost a month of dragging this all along......they did refund 25% of my shipping. Not much, but a small bump, which was nice.

I didn't want the bad news to go without an update. They are slow - but are coming through with the order.

I thought things were headed in the right direction. I received my order. Absolutely ridiculous.

Rule of thumb with this company. If it fits in a small package - they come through. If its something larger? Run away, directly to the dealer or friend that has it.

Everything I received was either crushed, scratched or bent.

After waiting a month for the order, I’m now being asked to wait another 2-4 days for someone to get back to me.

A031B4D2-F313-4309-86A4-430D062BE458.jpeg

AECE1D3D-6FA2-477D-9411-C1101D3B9219.jpeg

7C76DA35-2FE5-43FC-99BE-998ECA66AB24.jpeg

3670AAAC-6B75-4BE0-AD02-F52D6E0301FC.jpeg

At this point, I'd be pretty tempted to get my lawyer involved. The end result will probably be about the same, whatever it ends up being, but you'll get there a lot faster.

Dang that sucks! Really poor packaging and handling. Blame to both shipper and TPD. I bought wheels from beno and racer65. Both were very well packed in proper boxes. I think Fed x and TPD will point at each other and it will take a while to resolve. If you paid with a CC you might want to check with them.

I have boxes made specifically for things like radiators, head gasket kits and rims. The boxes are expensive ($3-4 each) but that packaging and handling gets paid by the client.

I've never had any issues. I also pack the sheeet out of them so the shipping monkeys won't destroy them. I take pictures of each box, how it was packed in case anything happens, I have evidence of my packaging.

Shipping companies almost NEVER pay the shipper for damage... they have plausible deniability on their side.

Assuming your rule of thumb is for TPD?

I've only ordered stuff like hardware, gaskets, dist cap, some other oddball stuff from TPD. Fit into a flat rate USPS box, all parts either in Toyota packaging or in plastic bags with handwritten part numbers.

No problem getting the parts, just hope some parts guy didn't put the wrong parts in the drawer (I expect many of these were special order anyway). I used to be one of those parts guys at my local Toyota dealership!

Just sharing my experience but absolutely brutal what happened to your wheels. Sad to see a set of FJ40 wheels sent to the graveyard.

I’d really like to know how TPD works because they have parts that have been discontinued. They had LSPV’s for my 1992 in stock. The boxes come from different places around the country. The only thing I ca figure out is they are keyed into the systems of Toyota dealers all over and if its on the shelf they have it on thier site. Ive had great luck with them the past year or so. Never bought anything big but never had issues.

You are not far off, they drop ship from Toyota dealers. If you have a larger order they work with a dealer close to you and consolidate your order and ship it from there.

Great idea in general but you are at the mercy of whatever the parts department wants to do, including destruction of my wheels, bent hubcaps, you name it.

OP, post reviews on yelp, google, facebook, etc with the pictures and story. That will get their attention.

I use this company for only 1 thing, parts lookup, that is all.

I have used others on here including @beno, never a problem. He shipped me a rear bumper that was so well packed I was cursing him when unwrapping it.
Others I have used have never steered me wrong even when the carrier bent my dash cap in 1/2 (looks like it was driven over by a forklift) Cruiser Corp replaced it no cost to me, just asking to hold onto it in carrier needed it back. A year later I just threw it out.

So large packages are fine as long as this shipper is responsible. Sounds to me like this one is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom