Toyota Wire Harness Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wiring up some JDM fog light switches right now and I need some help. One of the pins on the switch is for the switch backlight that comes on when the parking lights are turned on and can be dimmed with the rheostat. What do I connect this pin/wire to? Some random wire coming out of the rheostat? Also, does anyone have a general guide on how to work with these Toyota wiring harnesses, pins, and connectors? Thanks in advance!

From looking at the fsm the clock looks like a good spot to tap into.

51C2EB41-257F-4312-A2D3-D51A3358DD66.png

51431769-A3CC-4ED6-9697-431376A1CFD4.png

The rheostat controls the negative side of the bulb circuit. You'll need to use both the GREEN and WHITE/GREEN wires, just like all the bulbs in the diagram above.

What I ended up doing is tapping into the 15A TAIL fuse for the 12v switch backlight (from dashboard lights pin), and tapping into the white/green wire that comes off of the Rheostat connector for the ground pin. I used T-taps so that if I need to add extra switches on later, I don't have to tap into the wire again. I tested it with a multimeter and with the Rheostat all the way on, I got 12v, and it went down incrementally to 0v as I turned the Rheostat down. It works! Thank you very much @voodu3 for the diagram.
20190731_202803.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom