Toyota TRD Pro BBS style wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ga12r1

The "triple locked" troll himself...
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisersontherocks.com
Every few weeks I do a search on Craigslist looking for TRD Pro takeoffs. I've stumbled upon these and I'm sure they are a knock off, but I'm curious about the quality. The 30mm offset is intriguing. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Toyota TRD Pro BBS style wheels - set of 4

Every few weeks I do a search on Craigslist looking for TRD Pro takeoffs. I've stumbled upon these and I'm sure they are a knock off, but I'm curious about the quality. The 30mm offset is intriguing. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Toyota TRD Pro BBS style wheels - set of 4

That listing shows both 18" and 20" wheels - so which are you interested in?

Regardless, the 30mm Offset, combined with the 9" width, will push the tires out more than inch beyond stock. Target Offset should be approx. 50-60mm.

Obviously NOT BBS wheels, and appear to be made in China. I'd pass.

HTH

Thanks for the feedback. I figured as much.

I've been wanting to move away from the Rock Warriors on my 100 and have been looking at different options. Id really like to run an 18" wheel with a 295/70/18. I posted here because I know you guys have had more experience with the TRD Pro BBS.

Its looking more and more like I may go with a Method NV.

Not to get off topic, but I have seen a few warnings about wheels people have asked about and get a a response “they’re made in China, think I’d pass”

Well.. for those that have the Tundra TRD 18” wheels, take a look at the back side and you’ll see where it is stamped with both Toyota, and China.

So...???

Pretty sure when they say that they are implying low quality knock-off from China. Which isn’t exactly a new concept.

No one is saying quality can’t come from China, just that officially produced and distributed parts are much more likely to meet the strength needs of our rigs. Exactly how you differentiate between the two is more difficult.

Not to get off topic, but I have seen a few warnings about wheels people have asked about and get a a response “they’re made in China, think I’d pass”

Well.. for those that have the Tundra TRD 18” wheels, take a look at the back side and you’ll see where it is stamped with both Toyota, and China.

So...???

The 17" TRD Rock Warrior wheels are made in Taiwan (ROC) to Toyota/TRD specs - no problem with those. The wheels in the OP appear to be made in mainland China (PRC) with no regard to Toyota/TRD specs - big problem with those, that's why I'd pass.

HTH

iPhones are made in China...but so are cheesy iPhone knock-offs.

Country of origin isn’t enough to determine quality.

Chinese manufactured OEM products from Toyota and Apple are completely different than no name Chinese knockoffs. Unless you know and trust the brand selling the product, I would proceed with extreme caution on safety related items like wheels.

I do they have anything like a load rating for the wheels?

00k0k_tQDOroNnhL_1200x900.jpg

Fake TRD logo doesn't look great. For that price, you can get real TRD wheels.

Before and after photos: (lighting isn’t great)

top photo RW w/ 285 70R17 BFG KO2
bottom photo TRD Pro BBS w/ 285 60R18 stock Dunlop GT AT23
63435D58-C707-43B7-B4BF-9E5D1256AC01.jpeg

FD6B96F0-18F5-4E9E-80EB-E242A649305D.jpeg

Last edited:
The new setup is 16 lbs lighter per wheel (83lbs vs 67lbs — 24% lighter). I definitely feel it: accelerates more effortlessly, LC feels more nimble as well. Can we use nimble and Land Cruiser in the same sentence?

I went with the OEM tires my takeoffs) to save money and I hate throwing away a perfectly good tire.

Great weight savings. What’s the weight of the stock LC wheel?

Last edited:
I’ve seen around 35 lbs posted on here— that’s 8 lbs more than the BBS wheels. I put them in the boxes the TRD Pro’s came in, they are significantly heavier than the TRD Pro’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more than 8 lbs. When I picked up my boxed BBS wheels I was actually surprised how light each box felt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom