Toyota of Greenville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am in the process of trying to get a new fuel tank for my 60. Florence Toyota is giving me the run around about they don't make the fuel tank anymore etc...I know that's a lie because if you call there parts department and give them the part number they can order the tank lol go figure!!! My 60 is qualified for the fuel tank recall it was never replaced. What's everyone's opinion about trying my luck at Toyota of Greenville? Thanks.

So I am in the process of trying to get a new fuel tank for my 60. Florence Toyota is giving me the run around about they don't make the fuel tank anymore etc...I know that's a lie because if you call there parts department and give them the part number they can order the tank lol go figure!!! My 60 is qualified for the fuel tank recall it was never replaced. What's everyone's opinion about trying my luck at Toyota of Greenville? Thanks.
austin just finished a 62 that I had , did the recall, they bought it back and crushed it.

Crushed what?

Would you elaborate and tell us why a very nice 62 was crushed? What’s the story?

Would you elaborate and tell us why a very nice 62 was crushed? What’s the story?
it was @NC LX , maybe he will elaborate.he bought it from me , redid it and did the recall, and said they crushed it.

supposedly here recently

This has been happening with a number of 60 series, mostly 62s I think. Toyota is obligated by law ( maybe) to buy the vehicle back if they cant perform the recall, and I believe that the same law requires the vehicle to be destroyed. In this case, if the tank is not available, they offer the owner FMV, and its up to the owner to decline and perform the work on their own. Seems like from what I've been reading lately ( many posts on mud) Toyota offers somewhere in the neighborhood of $15k. You can of course decline, and go buy a used tank or put a LRA tank in it. If you accept, you shall burn in Landcruiser hell... with a little more money in your pocket.

Last edited:
another one

another one

Yeah I read all those. I'm not in the market to send it to the crusher. Got to much time in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom