For Sale Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 1973 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This FJ40 was bought fully running a few years ago. I drove it and did upgrades which I will list below. The tub had a lot of rust, and I decided to do a complete restoration. Work has kept me from completing the project, so it needs to go to someone else to finish. I've rebuilt a few FJ40s/FJ62s and own another fully restored FJ40. I tried to add a lot of pictures around all the parts I have. I have already bought or have most of the things needed to get it restored.

Work Already Done:
- New wheels and tires
- 2inch lift
- Eastwood rust frame coating
- Differentials Serviced
- New Clutch and Transfer Servicing
- Wheel, Door Handle, Mirror arms have all been power coated
- SBC V8 conversion
- New waterproof Painless Wiring Harness
- Seats Upholstery
- Repainted the dash and replaced all the knobs, etc...

Work Remaining;
- Needs new tub. I was going to do a new, full aluminum body.
- The engine needs to be cleaned up. New exhaust manifolds and valve covers
- Needs body work and paint on everything that isn't replaced with the tub.

I have new door hardware, weather striping, and other parts for all the doors. I have the full heater system. The hardtop is in good shape.

You can order a tub and have the body work done with the result of having a nice FJ40.

I have other pictures and can answer any questions about the project.

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

Where is it located, what is the asking price?

Here is a link to more pictures. Dropbox - Toyota FJ40 1973

Located in Evanston, IL. I'm driving to Montana on Tuesday and going to be out west for a week. I could meet up with you somewhere if interested.

DM with an offer if interested.
I believe the forum rules require a price be posted

X2 Post asking price. What do you want to hear? I got an offer for you- how bout FREE? How bout a buck 380.....fide-ollahs? See where this is going?
What do want to get out of it?

I'm In Rapid City South Dakota on your way to Montana, pm me your asking price please.

I put it back up on Ebay for $5,500. If it doesn't sell, then I'll part it out. The hard top, doors, seat set, and wheels are worth more than $5,500. If you want a part, let me know. I'll put a place holder on parts for people if it doesn't sell as a project.

1973 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom