Towing lights fix. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My trailer turn signal and brake lights started acting up and i traced it to a bad 4-way harness converter or adapter or whatever the right name for it is.. It was a port installed option so im sure some will vary. This is the one i had.
20201122_113901.jpg
I'm sure someone has outlined this before but I couldn't find what wires to cut and splice in where on my new one. I read there may be a plug and play option but I'm in a small town so I got what they had.
20201122_113920.jpg

The hopkins box is labeled for each input but it was nowhere near the same as the one that was in the truck.
20201122_114008.jpg

Half the wires to the original 4 way where spliced directly to the tail light wires on that side and the other half came from the box on the same side as the rest went in. What I hoped to find on mud was what wires did what in that birds nest so I knew what to splice to what but I didn't find it. Tracked them all with a test light but to save somebody later having to do that since muds supposed to have it all here it is.

GREEN WITH BLACK STRIPE IS LEFT TURN

GREEN WITH YELLOW STRIPE IS RIGHT TURN

SOLID GREEN IS MARKER/TAIL LIGHTS

GREEN WITH WHITE STRIPE IS BRAKE.

I grounded the Hopkins box to the speaker mount. I went ahead and soldered and shrink wrapped all my connections and wrapped up the new better birds nest in a sheet of shipping foam and tucked it in tight behind the tail lights and yay my trailer lights work again.
20201122_131457.jpg

I bought my replacement aftermarket version from eTrailer.com. Plug and play. So easy I forgot I did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom