Towing a built FJ60 with a 2008 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m shipping my trucks home to Colorado from Puerto Rico. It’s $800 each to get to Jacksonville and then double that to get them to CO. I’m thinking of flying in and renting a trailer to tow the 60 with the 200. According to the numbers it works but I’m wondering if anyone has any real world experience. The 200’s suspension is a little tired as well. I’d probably put in some airbags for the trip to help out. Any other suggestions? Or anyone have any good/not crazy expensive shippers that they recommend?

D1E2E2AD-EA67-4E38-BF6D-2B9C89502C2F.jpeg

It’ll tow the weight fine, but consider the costs of towing fuel economy, hotels, meals, and finally your time.

A weight distribution hitch wouldn’t be a bad idea, either.

I've towed a 40 and a built 62 with my 200 with a Uhaul trailer with built in brakes. It towed quite easily.

I've towed a 40 and a built 62 with my 200 with a Uhaul trailer with built in brakes. It towed quite easily.
Perfect. That’s what I needed to hear!

What does the 60 weigh? I’ve towed my built 60 from Seattle to Utah with my 100 with no issues. Fuel consumption was a bit high but....
I’m not sure exactly. I haven’t had it on the scales. But I’m guessing about 5500# with all the heavy stuff bolted on

I’ve made the trip twice towing an 80 and a 40 with the 200 from Colorado to Alabama. Completely stock. No problem. I rented a uhaul trailer both times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom